Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
i love how people define this board. it IS for this. its NOT for that. maybe in your own minds folks. its a little bit of everything. you say its NOT for locals, tell that to the person who found out in 3 minutes where to get their tv fixed.

easy for folks to say reduce the administrators. from my point of view there can't be enough!!! try taming this beast with just a couple admins!!!

as for this

Further thoughts to Marty, why is this board being abused as a venue by the mean spirited to hurt good people?

1. ask pedro1. he has used it for that purpose many times.

2. any mode of communication can be abused that way. other than to sit here non stop and review every single word before it gets published i see no way around letting folks express themselves. if they are mean we try to pull it when possible. then we get criticized for purging peoples thoughts.

the same old thing, damned if we leave it up, damned if we pull it. thats just how it is.

First Off Thanks Marty for this Board. I think 99% of the people who visit/post here know the amount of work you put into it. I for one appreciate it greatly. I found this place after my very first visit to Belize (San Pedro). My second trip, because of the information I found on this board, was 100% better. I went places I hadn't known about and met face to face with wonderful people. my wife and I acquired some wonderful new friends. I am now in the stages of arranging my 3rd trip and still use this board as a planning quide.

On an aside:
all this back and forth about what is and what isn't the intent of this board reminds me of a very old parable.

" An old man and a young boy were travelling with thier mule. The Boy was riding and the man was walking. The villagers scolded the boy for letting the old man walk while he, the young boy rode. They switched places. At the next village the old man was scolded for letting the poor young boy walk. They switched places. The next village , the boy was scolded for letting the old man walk. this went on back and forth for several villages. at last they came to a river with a bridge. The old man got off the mule and resolved the problem. By throwing the mule off the bridge."

Never Use money to measure wealth
fantastic Bill. a perfect story for this. LOVE IT.

Originally Posted by beachboy
Rykat, I stand by Peter and Sterling. Both care about the tourists and to my knowledge would never do unscrupulous actions which affect our tourism industry.

beachboy, i dare say Peter has written many many nasty things on this board which would shock many tourists. many were deleted to keep the tourism industry from being affected. many were quite personal insults towards folks.

doesn't mean he is a bad person, just that he got fired up about something. it happens. we are humans.

Another complain thread... how nice.

Live and let live
I
I
Marty

Calm down. Your doing a great job. I was highlighting the irony of the original post by the devise of satire

DAMMIT i'm missing satire. sorry man. been so serious around here lately since the dog imbroglio

amen short. my thoughts exactly. round and round again. might have to delete this one too just to keep the whining down

pedro1, what was this?
when I get cancellations due to ridiculous reports on a message board

we try to pull ridiculous reports. which one did we miss that caused this?

Ah yes. The booting of exploitive self seeking British. A classic tale both here and in the US. <sigh> Seems to work until they sneak back in posing as the IRS from the District of Columbia, wherever that is. Backpackers may not spend much money but they make great time share salesman and keep the Rasta's in supply of tail and pot sales. smile ........ OK, I might be exagerating. But hey! They did give us the Beatles. smile They don't still march in rows with the bright red uniforms with the white "X" on em do they? Ha ha, just funnin ya mates. hee hee!!!

huge laugh truelover, thanks

Lol. My pleasure Marty.

Writer claims no authority, worthwhile knowledge of any kind, and didn't make love to that woman.
Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 327 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.