Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
JRinSC Offline OP
OP Offline
Hi,

Great message board!

Now -- Karol and I are thinking of coming to Belize over the winter months (renting a house for 3-4 months) and are coming down in either December or April to check things out.

My first question is -- which would be better, Dec. or April? I think December since it is in the winter months in which we would be coming in the future. I know that Dec. is at the end of the rainy season and April is near the end of the dry season -- but I don't want to be in SP for a week of rain. Your thoughts on this please.

Also, is there a place where the expats meet and that we could meet with them and find out the "straight skinny" on the life there? Ideally, we would love to meet people, find a couple or three that we fit in with and then have a good social life with them and others for the "season". Does this make sense?? Please let me know what you think on this too.

Thanks!

Julian

That's so cool that you are going to winter in SP. We were there last march and fell in love with SP. I'm not sure about the rainy season and all, but I can tell you the people there are great. Ex-pats, locals, native belizean, they are all fantastic there. We had a blast with everyone we met. I would just go with the flow on the social life... its there, and you'll have so much fun discovering it without having to plan a thing! Everyone we met, everyone we partied with, everyone we talked to while strolling the beach was truly wonderful. Enjoy!

Mike

M. Sjulstad
M&M Trivia - JAMPT UP Band
Thanks, 6-string..

I was kinda hoping to hear something like that!! From all I hear it sure sounds great. We are really looking forward to coming down..Still like to hear which time would be better - Mid Dec. or Mid April?? We can do either (but not both *grin*).

Julian & Karol - Upstate SC

If you're happy where you're from, chances are you'll be happy here. I love it. It's not for everyone though. If you're addited to malls, movie theaters, Home Depot and such, you may find some adjustment. But there are plenty of good people here. Some people spend a lot of time on the water, gardening, traveling around, socializing and so on but be aware some try to keep up with the tourist drinking at the bars and it can be their undoing. It is possible to be miserable in Paradise. Most of us love it and I have found living here to have a possitive affect in knowing myself in ways unseen when I was living the metro life. As far as where to meet people, there just isn't "A" place. The Island is small enough. Bumping around exploring is half the fun. Make your own way and friends. See it with fresh and open eyes. Spend time meeting the natives as well. December is a very polular time so it's a bit more pricy but the weather is usually better. I recommend spending time up north. It's a bit less developed and there are some great places to stay, eat, dive, snorkle, etc. Towns fun too but not the same Island experience. I live south of town now and love it too. Enjoy.

Just a little toss-in here. If you like your lobster, December is better. No lobster in April.

Been there, done that, the washing machine ate the T-shirt
JZB Offline
April is a great time. Hot and dry and usually no bugs! December can be great but north fronts can bring lots of rain and mosquitoes!! You just never know. Our weather is becoming more and more unpredictable.

Once you are here on the Island and you are out and about You will be meeting all kinds of people, local and tourists alike, without even trying.

Very easy to meet people here everyone is so friendly. This is one place you could go anywhere alone and end up talking to quite a few people by the end of the day.

San Pedro based Belize Blog since 2007 - great travel resources & discounts https://tacogirl.com/

What about AC in August ...is this the rainy season? We are going the first week in August...
Thanks

Originally Posted by tacogirl
Very easy to meet people here everyone is so friendly. This is one place you could go anywhere alone and end up talking to quite a few people by the end of the day.

Hey Taco Girl,
Love the photo's thanks for posting them.
All the Best!

Thanks to all of you for the great info. I'll present it to the boss and let you know which time we're coming. I will vote for Dec. (the lobster) but then we are bringing a lady friend along so I stand a good chance of being outvoted even more than usual!! *grin*

Julian & Karol - Upstate SC

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 168 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,028
Members20,468
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.