Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#241745 - 06/27/07 06:01 PM Restaurant for wedding reception
genedoc Offline
Hi all,
I am getting married in Belize in February 2008. We are doing it at Xanadu resort, which does not have a restaurant. But we would like to treat our guests to a dinner after the wedding (approximately 20-30 guests). I am wondering if anyone has any suggestions for a restaurant. Close to Xanadu is good. We would like a place that isn't too expensive, but the food and atmosphere are good, and we can party with our friends (so good drinks too).
Thank you in advance for your advice! It seems like everyone on this forum is incredibly knowledgeable, and I haven't ever been to Belize, so whatever help I can get is appreciated!

#241746 - 06/27/07 06:24 PM Re: Restaurant for wedding reception [Re: genedoc]
*I Do* Belize Weddings Offline
There are a number of excellent choices for a wedding reception. I sent you a PM with details and locations of five of the more popular choices. Best wishes.

#241758 - 06/27/07 08:20 PM Re: Restaurant for wedding reception [Re: *I Do* Belize Weddings]
SeeShell Offline
What about blue water grill - its nice and large enough for your party.

Good food but a bit pricy - near xanadu

#241778 - 06/27/07 10:26 PM Re: Restaurant for wedding reception [Re: SeeShell]
SimonB Offline
Just went to one at Blue Water Grill for 80 people and it went off without a hitch.

#241905 - 06/29/07 01:52 PM Re: Restaurant for wedding reception [Re: SimonB]
genedoc Offline
What do you guys think of Rico's?

#241906 - 06/29/07 01:54 PM Re: Restaurant for wedding reception [Re: genedoc]
Close to Xanadu (a relaxing stroll along the beach rather than having to arrange a fleet of taxis), nice location by the water, about the right size. Could be ideal.

#241907 - 06/29/07 02:02 PM Re: Restaurant for wedding reception [Re: ]
Bobber Offline
Very good food at Rico's. Nice atmosphere. Friendly staff.
Been there, done that, the washing machine ate the T-shirt

#243348 - 07/22/07 02:08 AM Re: Restaurant for wedding reception [Re: genedoc]
travelgal1 Offline
TRY SWEET BASIL's,it would be PREFECT for a group your size! just a hop, skip and a jump north from the New Reef Village Resort.(<By the way, the condos there are fabulous; They have a great pool bar in now, and nice people to commiserate with. We have stayed there twice and will be going back hopefully in FEB or early MARCH)
And for those wondering IF the restaurant is up and running-it DEFINITELY IS and has been, for a few months.The place is all cleaned up, new paint, same menu with some great added touches , new bar, new lotta things!
Was purchased by a new resident, who is a wine conouissuer(<I KNOW I spelled that incorrectly, sorry) and they were lucky in getting the previous cook back from before. They now have a FANtastic wine list too. New managers will be appearing by NOVEMBER, Tyler and Jules(NOT Escalente OR Vasquez lol), from the US west coast. They bring with them great personality, marketing experience, and their wonder dog JAX. They will also offer great mojitos! I have met them~ They are a very nice and personable couple who will bring great things to the island. Wait til you meet them: YOU WILL LOVE THEM all!
any questions, let me know~~I got the inside scoop wink

#243447 - 07/23/07 12:08 PM Re: Restaurant for wedding reception [Re: travelgal1]
Barbara K Offline
Rico's has a great atmosphere and breakfast is tremendous but dinner gets a mixed report (in my experience and from client's feedback). Look into El Divino at Banana Beach or one of the restaurants in town like Caliente's, Carambas, El patio. Blue Water Grill is usually excellent as well but fairly pricey. Depends what you are looking for pricewise, for ambiance & foodwise.

#243452 - 07/23/07 12:14 PM Re: Restaurant for wedding reception [Re: Barbara K]
Sir Isaac Newton Offline
You may want to consider getting a local San Pedrana to do a traditional pig roast (Pibil) and seafood bbq at Xanadu. Ms. Suzanna can set you up with drinks too and ALL the fixings. It may be convenient for you to have the reception at your resort where people are close to their rooms. Guaranteed better food and even be a bit cheaper than eating out for sure. With your savings you may want to hire a local band for some dancing under the stars.

Check out my site: www.ambergriscayerealestate.net

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker

TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31
Who's Online
0 registered (), 35 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,632 Registered Members
44 Forums
63,697 Topics
461,210 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 02:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.