Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#24242 - 08/11/00 08:43 PM Hi! Has anyone ever stayed at Captain Morgans?
Kymmer Offline
I really like the look of their cabana's and was wondering if it was the magic of internet photo's or if they are run down? Rumor that they were for sale?
Also, how do they compare to Capricorn? Anyone stayed there?
Looking for clean, romantic, thatched and secluded!

#24243 - 08/13/00 11:16 AM Re: Hi! Has anyone ever stayed at Captain Morgans?
hi! i never have but will be staying nearby to there next week at journeys end. we also wanted some secluded "chill" time.
look back on this board a few more weeks and you should find some info.

#24244 - 08/13/00 08:43 PM Re: Hi! Has anyone ever stayed at Captain Morgans?
booblers Offline
Hi, I have never stayed there but I am booked to stay there the week of Thanksgiving. I really do not know much about it except from what I saw at their website but I hope it is nice. When do you plan on going?

#24245 - 08/14/00 07:42 AM Re: Hi! Has anyone ever stayed at Captain Morgans?
Kymmer Offline
I'm planning on going from Oct 6 - 14th and spending the first 3 nights in the Jungle and the rest on AC! We're getting married there so I'm trying to find a really beautiful spot! We can't wait!!! It'll be our first time....to Belize anyway

#24246 - 08/16/00 11:04 AM Re: Hi! Has anyone ever stayed at Captain Morgans?
booblers Offline
I wish you the best of luck. I have never been to Belize myself but it looks like there are many beautiful spots to chose from.

#24247 - 08/16/00 07:19 PM Re: Hi! Has anyone ever stayed at Captain Morgans?
k - i hear they are doing some construction, you may want to find out when from them directly. i was in belize 1993 for 10 days (7 jungle, 3 A. caye at ramones)
i will be back by aug 27th from journeys end. checkout their website at journeysendresort.com they have wedding packages too. they are secluded and rather than thatched huts on the beach they have individual cabanas that appear to be nicely furnished with A/C. a dive shop, swim up bar in the pool and gourmet restaurant help choose this. kayaks, hobie cats, etc are right there and free.

i will let you know upon my return if you are interested.

#24248 - 08/18/00 11:48 AM Re: Hi! Has anyone ever stayed at Captain Morgans?
Holly Offline
The photos on the website represent what Captain Morgan's Retreat looks like. We have a few honeymoon casitas that include a king size bed, A/C, refrigerator and mini-stereo. We also have a beautiful new open air restaurant next to the pool. There is some construction going on, but it doesn't detract from the secluded setting.

If you have any other questions, please call me at 888-653-9090.

#24249 - 08/20/00 08:03 PM Re: Hi! Has anyone ever stayed at Captain Morgans?
Kymmer Offline
Thanks everyone for all your help! I've talked to the photographers out there and everyone else I could get my hands on and went with Caribbean Villa's. I'm still tracking down the best place for our 3 nights in the jungle!!!
I appreciate it though! I have a feeling Dave and I will be back for many anniversaries so we'll get a chance to experiment!!

#24250 - 08/21/00 10:19 AM Re: Hi! Has anyone ever stayed at Captain Morgans?
Debbie Offline
We did three nights in the jungle at duPlooy's in the Cayo District. I HIGHLY recommend it. They had great guides. It was right on the Macal River and was a very peaceful spot for a swim. they have numerous tours available, and the food there was terrific. The cabanas were fabulous, and the also have a botanical garden on sight that is to die for. The bar is a deck that hangs out over the jungle canopy. Just beautifu. In the early morning, they send fruit out into the canopy by pully to attract the tucans and parrots. Lovely. I think you should check it out.

#24251 - 08/22/00 04:09 PM Re: Hi! Has anyone ever stayed at Captain Morgans?
Kymmer Offline
That does sound heavenly! Have you ever been to Banana Bank? We finally decided and booked Banana Bank and Caribbean Villas! Let me know your opinion!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker

TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31
Who's Online
0 registered (), 31 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,635 Registered Members
44 Forums
63,718 Topics
461,262 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 02:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.