Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Topic Options
#242807 - 07/12/07 12:36 AM Tropic Air information
across777 Offline
I just booked our tickets to Belize City for November, so our first trip to Belize is now official! I now need to book transportation from Belize City to Ambergris.

Am I correct that Tropic Air is the way to fly (or the only way)?

Any reason not to make the reservation on their website?

Lastly, on our return flight, we are on the 4:50pm flight from Belize City to Houston. Should we take the Tropic Air flight that gets into Belize City at 2:17pm or 3:17pm? On our last day, we obviously want to spend as much time in Ambergris as possible, and as little time at the Belize City airport. But is 1:33 enought time between flights, or should we take the earlier flight so we have more room for error?

Thanks!

#242817 - 07/12/07 04:28 AM Re: Tropic Air information [Re: across777]
Bill Mc Ghee Offline
Tropic or Maya Air .. either one

The 3:17 flight back to BZE will be Plenty of time to make your Connection. With a 4:50 take off from BZE to go back home I'd even book a later flight out of San Pedro. Say, 3:45 Or there abouts. This is not LA, Chi, Houston, Or NY type of Airport. You can Dang near walk from one plane to the next.Departure from BZE is a snap.
When in NOV are you going to be there? Myself and a few great people from this board will be there 10-17 Nov. I'll even buy you a Belikins at BC's.. Wait!!! no you can buy me a beer at BC's laugh

Edited by BiIl Mc Ghee (07/12/07 04:32 AM)

#242822 - 07/12/07 02:27 PM Re: Tropic Air information [Re: Bill Mc Ghee]
weile Offline
If you are staying at a decent hotel (and I think they all are), they will make all the arrangements for you. Just tell them, and you don't have to worry about a thing.

#242834 - 07/12/07 04:21 PM Re: Tropic Air information [Re: weile]
Otteralum Offline
BIil and I will have to duke it our on the chat board tonight :), but I would not leave much later than the 3:17 flight back to BZE. I've had two very close calls with the ticket counter at BZE and paying exit taxes -- both times I allowed around 90-minutes.

Book online with Tropic or Maya -- I've done both and had no problems.

Enjoy!

#242839 - 07/12/07 05:15 PM Re: Tropic Air information [Re: Otteralum]
Bill Mc Ghee Offline
Ha Ha. I'd never Duke it out with Ya Otter..
I just never had any close calls. Lucky I guess.
I will say this tho , the last time the line to pay the Exit tax was longer than I was use to. But that didn't take more than 10 minutes. I have always booked my flt with the Exit tax included, don't know if that speeds it up or not.

Ok: Across777, Go with Otter's suggestion. I'd hate to be the reason you spent another day In SP smile

#242842 - 07/12/07 06:09 PM Re: Tropic Air information [Re: Bill Mc Ghee]
Otteralum Offline
you're learning BiIl. I'll have my wife call you so you can explain the wisdom that comes from listening to the Otter. wink

#242844 - 07/12/07 06:27 PM Re: Tropic Air information [Re: Otteralum]
Amanda Syme Offline
Buy you ticket with the tax already built in - much quicker.

Also, when you go to enter the departure lounge where they double check your tickets and xray your shoes, there is an identical departure area on the opposite side of airport. So if one line too is long, run over to the other side (you won't have your luggage at this point.)

#242845 - 07/12/07 06:33 PM Re: Tropic Air information [Re: Otteralum]
Bill Mc Ghee Offline
laugh Anyone who thinks PURPLE is not one I want to duke it out with..

I'm not even sure if I want to listen to them either. smile

but I'll have a beer with ya!!

#242847 - 07/12/07 06:50 PM Re: Tropic Air information [Re: Bill Mc Ghee]
Otteralum Offline
Great stuff Amanda!! I need to heed your advice. Flying if FF miles limits my options with departure tax, but I need to look into other options.

And BiIl -- that beer is long overdue my man -- first round is on me.

Links
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
5 registered (Marty, Pokey, CaptOneIron, 2 invisible), 32 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,676 Registered Members
44 Forums
64,079 Topics
462,376 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 07:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.