Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
M
M
Yes I think it can be easily done just head on out to hiway 61. Sorry going to a Bob Dylan concert tonight. keith

Keith, you must be heading to Starlight!! Have a great time!! cool

When you find a big kettle of crazy, it's best not to stir it.
D
D
Ruth, on one of the rare occasions that you stay in for the evening try walking down to Portofinos Resort. Unless of course you are still renting the carts. It's about 3/4 of a mile south
(toward town). Be sure to pack a flashlite for those night walks.

M
M
KC, yes the show was at star light and it was a good show. To put things in perspective regarding food. Four drinks, two hot dogs and a frozen lemonade cost me cost me $68.00 BZ. keith

Hey DANZA,

Thanks, Yes we plan to ride down in our golf cart one evening to Portofinos...it was on my list of resorts to check out since we are staying at Costa Maya Reef..and Yes, I have packed a flash light...I figured it was pretty dark on the trails... No street lights...ha ha ha...just stars...We are looking forward to it...
thanks again. Any other places you think are Must See on the North end....Please let us know!
All the Best
18 more days till we arrive!

Hon Offline
Ruth, it's not going to be 'pretty dark', it's going to be pitch black on the cart path. If you aren't used to that kind of deep darkness, it can be quite disorienting.

I'd advise you to go down to Portofino early in your trip when there is a half moon so, if it's not cloudy, you'll have some ambient light rather than having to rely on the narrow beam of your cart lights. ...and on your way down, (which you should do while it's still light out) you should make note of landmarks (unique trees/plants, potholes, etc.) so that you have a sense of where you are on the return trip.

I live in a rural area with no street lights so I'm quite used to real darkness but I still find myself heading down driveways or veering off the path when walking or riding at night north of town.

Newfoundlanders are the only people in heaven who want to go home.
Lions and Tigers and Bears
You'll also pass by my house on the way drop in say hi
use the beach path, Portifino is a pleasant stroll down the beach
left foot in the water out and right foot going home
never a problem.
Golf carts at night are dumb to many hazards.

White Sands Dive Shop
https://whitesandsdiveshop.com/
Hey Elbert,

Stop by Costa Maya Reef week of Aug 4th -11th...we will buy you a couple of Beers...
Would love to me some of the locals...
We will be the group on one of the balconies hanging out...drinking beer!

All the Best
Ruth

Your bound to run into Bubba my big Black retriever, has the run of the neighborhood, Likes his Belican cold in a bowl.when he was younger and going through the 'chewing everything' stage he chewed some beach chairs at Portifino and isn't welcome there so if he follows send him back.

White Sands Dive Shop
https://whitesandsdiveshop.com/
Hey Elbert,

We are all dog lovers. So we will be sure to speak to your Lab.
We plan to start off with 2 cases of Belize Beer...Having a bunch of grocery delivered. You must stop by...I see you on line on the time. We are driving our golf cart from the airport to Costa Maya Reef the first day...but plan to buy a ferry passes to go and come.
We want to experience everything. We are bringing the bug spray.
Talk to ya later
All the Best,
Ruth

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 254 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.