Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline
and "air conditioned room" does not qualify as a bug repellent smile

and yes... I know many of you probably don't even use any because you're tough... lol... but mossies love new meat and I wanna bring something that works! smile

Coming to AC in mid-June! Can't wait! :-)
S
S
Plain old regular Off, just don't miss any spots.

OP Offline
OK cool. When I was in Thailand, I religiously used a lot of DEET for the body and a eucalyptus repellent for the face and hands (to minimize ingesting DEET - blech!) smile

The combination worked most of the time.

Coming to AC in mid-June! Can't wait! :-)
K
K
Wasn't KC Jayhawk doing a product test on Bullfrogs Mosquito Coast?

Flyfishing my way through mid-life crisis.
The sunscreen part works well (of course), but there haven't been enuf skeeters round here to really tell yet.

When you find a big kettle of crazy, it's best not to stir it.
I don't use any but after 20 years on the island even the slow learners know where to be when.
for instance bugs come out in force for about an hour at dusk so that might be a good time to be in the beach breeze to blow them away or inside. Were in the N.E.Trade Wind and over half the time a breeze is keeping the bugs off the beach. Don't wear black shirts and yellow light bulbs in the house don't attract like white light.
I dive and am on the water a lot,lots of wind, so they don't bother me there.
I also eat a lot of garlic.( that will provoke a remark I'm sure)
Sleeping under a fan blows them off at night. On real bad days that I work in my yard I burn coconut husks and the smoke runs them off.
I've noticed if you go to the lagoon on a bad mosquito day nothing short of nuke weapons will keep them away, so i just don't go there at those times.
Your right they like fresh meat but probably just because fresh meat doesn't know the ropes.

White Sands Dive Shop
https://whitesandsdiveshop.com/
Mosquitos are just another proof that Bush and the other fools are wrong: God did not create all living things (unless he/she is an evil SOB).
Sandflies have proven to be one of the worst plagues on the beach. They don't seem to care about Off, but baby oil will keep them away.
When you have been bit to pieces, use some white vinegar to ease the itch.Works for me.
Other than that, just listen to the good advise from Elbert.

S
S
Sandflies (as weile says) = baby oil, they drowned in it and can't bite you. Icky, but the bites really suck!

Mosquitos are en mase dawn and dusk, keep a good repellant. Skin so soft, Skintastic worked for me.

SIN

Check out my site: www.ambergriscayerealestate.net
Don't forget the noseeums, aka "teeth with wings". They were pretty bad in June. They can leave a nastier bite that mosquitos!

I'm happier than a pig in s__t...a foot on the sand...and a Belikin in my hand!
I
I
The Avon products with Picaridin and Cutter Advanced (which contains picaridin) work very well. I've used both, with great success in Roatan where the sandflies are much worse than Belize. I brought Cutter Advanced to AC for another boarder in February and she reported it worked very well for the mosquitos.
There are several products from Avon that also contain sunscreen.

And...Picarididn doesn't melt stuff or smell icky like deet.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 327 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.