Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline
I was hoping I could get some advice on choosing a hot water heater - type and capacity (how many gallons). We are a family of 2 adults and 1 toddler, looking to add a hot water heater so that we can warm up the shower/bath water as needed, and have hot water for dishes and some laundry loads. We also have 1 or 2 visitors here every so often so I'd like to get enough capacity to cover their needs too. I also have no clue about whether to go with electric or gas. How much electric does the thing actually use? Is gas really worth it? Any suggestions/helpful hints would be so much appreciated!!

C
C
The �n-demand"hot water heaters are great! They cost a little more initially, but it sure does pay for itself in the long run.

OP Offline
hmmm could you elaborate on "on demand"? Is that what I would ask 4 in the store; what's the diff btwn that and a regular one? are the readily available here in belize? thxx so much for the input! oh any suggestion on the capcity? I was thinking of 12-20 gal would be sufficient for what we need.

H
H
The hot water heater is tankless. It plugs into a wall socket and heats the water with electricity instantly.

Last edited by H20dog; 07/16/07 07:18 PM.
They also make tankless water heaters that run on butane. Much cheaper to operate and some require no electricity at all. they sell them in spanish Lookout.

A salesman approached me last month about appliances and gave me his business card. He is a Kenmore dealer (Sears brand), so he may have hot water heaters as well. You'll have to research his credentials yourself as I have no knowledge of this company, but I thought I would pass on the info. Good luck.

MDI Ltd.
Donald Edwards
Placencia
670-0295
[email protected]

Tankless is the way to go. Otherwise, you will be replacing that hot water tank every 2-3 years as the bottom rusts out!

I installed a tank less - on demand system in California five years ago. It was amazing. Here I have a solar system that gets the water really hot.

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles
We have the Tiny Titan that you can get at Loews hardware in the U.S. It is in a plastic case, so it never rusts and in 12 years we've only had to replace the heating element and thermostat once. It is an on demand water heater, electric, and serves the whole upstairs of our building which has 8 bedrooms, 4 baths and 3 kitchens. Its about a 1 foot cube.

If you back flush them from time to time they last much longer. Sediment on the bottom causes over heating, wasted energy, and rusting.

Writer claims no authority, worthwhile knowledge of any kind, and didn't make love to that woman.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 370 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.