Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
B
bec Offline OP
OP Offline
B
I really enjoyed your questions regarding Costa Maya Reef Resort. I just booked a week stay with my husband, children, brother and girlfriend for the 16th of February. 7 months away, but it gives us something to look forward to during the loooonnnnnggggg winter months! We are not divers, but sand, sun and cerveca lovers! I've read some not so good reviews on Trip Advisor, but never put too much stock into what others have to say. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder....yes? I am hoping after your stay in August, you may write and let us know how everything went. I also want to order food and have it waiting for us when we arrive, esp. bottled water, water, and more water.
My husband has gotten sick in different countries, so we never leave home without Cipro!

We rented a 2 bedroom condo and my brother rented a 1 bedroom. I am hoping that they put us in the same unit. This way if the place is full, there will be only one other couple below (or above us).

If there is any info that you can give us prior to leaving, based on your experiences in August, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance and have a wonderful trip!

sun,sand,cerveca
Hey-
Glad I saw this...Yes, I will let you know how everything is. We are renting 2 golf carts...there are a total of 5 of us. We are going to film the ride up to Costa Maya and put it on YouTube on the internet....you will have to look at it....I am sure we will look like the Hillbillies. We have been told by locals not to do it. But we were also told in Ecuador not to cross over the Andes in a SUV. But we did it. We love adventure and are not to concern it will take us and hour to get to Costa Maya...It will be part of the fun. It isn't for everyone. But will look for the road side lemonade stands. ha ha ha. We don't plan to go back and forth by golf cart...We will buy the Island Ferry Pass for the week...
Also I have been in contact with Jose...the Resort Manager...All 2 bedrooms are upstairs. One bedrooms are downstairs. We are taking another couple with us. They don't plan to dive each day as we do. They are going to ferry to Belize City to tour Mayan Ruins, cave tubing etc. We have done this before. So we will just stay on the island. Dive each morning. Taxi into town in the afternoons and eat dinner in town or somewhere.
My email address is
[email protected]
if you want to contact me. I have two folders of stuff I could send you after the trip on Ambergris Caye...
I have printed menu. maps, all kind of information. But that is me. I love the research before traveling.
You should go to YouTube.com
and type in Ambergris Caye and watch video's of tourist. Here is one...this will be us on August 4th with luggage. ha ha ha
Hillbillies
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OSKau4DMgIo

Talk to you later...
All the best.
Ruth

Ruth, you are soooo stoked. Remember when you get there to slow down and enjoy. We do expect a trip report when you get back. smile

Been there, done that, the washing machine ate the T-shirt
Like to be a little bird sitting on top of that golf cart. Im sure it will be LYAO time!!!!!!!!!!!!
Bobber, can ya kinda see a funnel cloud making up!!??

Ruth the ride on utube is mellow compared to some parts of the road, Just remember plan B.

White Sands Dive Shop
https://whitesandsdiveshop.com/
And don't make the "if I just get up enough speed, I'll get through that mudhole" mistake!!

When you find a big kettle of crazy, it's best not to stir it.
[%#?] did I spell that right or is it [#*%]? wink

Plan B- Stop at Elbert's house for a cold adult refreshing beverage. And as Elbert said go to the nearest resort...walk down the dock...and wait for a water taxi...YES, YES, YES!

Thanks all...I will be looking for that rain funnel cloud...
and those road side stand...selling beer....

All the Best,
Ruth

Last edited by Ruth1; 07/20/07 10:46 AM.
Not rain, Ruth, just a "whirlwind"!!!

By the way when I saw that golf cart ride it reminded me of this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hlWlYs3zmDc
Was in Lancaster last week and this came to mind!

AND that video was taken in the dry season!
I think we should all help Ruth by giving her some helpful hints on how to take this golf cart trip --- like
DO NOT WEAR SHOES THAT YOU EVER WANT TO WEAR AGAIN.
Better yet, don't wear shoes at all cause when you get out to push the cart out of the mud hole at least one shoe will get sucked under.

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 327 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.