Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Ruth1 Offline OP
OP Offline
Can anyone tell us your favorite dive sites on the island...Please!
Thanks
All the Best!
Ruth

Last edited by Ruth1; 07/20/07 11:28 AM.
For starters and in no particular order, Cypress, Boca Ciego, Pillar Corals, Victoria Tunnels . .

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

Ruth1 Offline OP
OP Offline
Any good dive site on the north part of the island?

Very good Ruth, You get an 'A' for knowing those dive sites are on the South tip of the Island. There is a geographic impairment in San Pedro about North and South, watch for it when your here,those afflicted with 'Southchitis' (an acute or chronic inflammation of the membrane lining of the southern lobes, caused by imbalanced Taxation infection or exposure to chambercommerce irritants).
M and M caverns are close to you and the Sandpoint dive site has turtles more often than not. Punta Azul or Basil Jones are north. I wouldn't pass up the Blue Hole trip to lighthouse reef, if you don't like the Halfmoon caye wall dive you should throw away you gear and quit.

White Sands Dive Shop
https://whitesandsdiveshop.com/
Ruth1 Offline OP
OP Offline
Elbert's the man...he is in the know...
Thanks again....Elbert.....tell Bubba hello...we got the doggie bones ready.

All the Best
Ruth

My fav. dive on A.C. is the nite dive at Hol Chan , the best N.D. I've ever done. I like all the sites off A.C.
The blue hole trip is a must do. The 2 dives off Half Moon Caye Wall are world class & lunch on Half Moon Caye is awesome,take a hike & see the nesting colony of rare red-footed boobie birds.
Dive often & Dive safely

I enjoyed Cypress and of course the Aquarium and wall dives off Half Moon Caye were the best! The Blue Hole trip is something I may have to do again next trip down just for the Half Moon Caye wall dives and the caye itself.

I like the dive sites north of the cut better than those down south. The problem is too many people come here with a preconceived idea of where to dive and dictate that to the dive master before signing up. They say things like "My friend told me that I MUST do so and so." Hence you get a lot of boats and divers at the same site every day.

THEN - after a few days of diving with me they finally ask "where do you like to dive?"
Then we go north. I like it best when they put two tanks per person on the boat and head north and put it at one of the north resorts for the surface interval. I have never had anyone disappointed in one of these trips.

The canyons up here are narrower and pump more water through which results in healthy sponges and sea fans. I especially like the Christ of the Abyss.

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles
P
pedro2
pedro2
P
I've dived the Christ statue several times recently and visibility was dreadful - much worse than at eg. Tackle Box.

sorry to hear that - was there a lot of surge?

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 327 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.