Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
S
OP Offline
S
After my recent invitation from Capt. Jeff to join him for some fishing in the near future, I figured I should learn to fish.

My sister is in town and I figured her nephew could join me. We called Eric Henkis with Uprising on Chuck and Robbie's dock.

We just went out to fool around at 2PM! We stayed inside first and bagged a nice trigger fish and then headed for the deep blue as it was almost dead calm yesterday. At around 600 feet we dropped line. An hour later we had a cooler full of Barracuda, Grouper, Amber Jack and a trophy Red Snapper!

Thanks Eric!

SIN

Check out my site: www.ambergriscayerealestate.net
Sin my brother ,sounds like a good time !! Anchor in 600 feet ??????? are you sure 600 feet ?? you must have been drifting but ?? real deep ,this sounds fishy,no pun intended. But good basic training for fishing with the capt...

Last edited by captjeff; 07/23/07 11:13 AM.

Living The Dream Every Day!
S
OP Offline
S
Dropped line as in fishing line, sorry. No anchors at that depth. Very tired after realing in the line!!!! Fun though! Get ready mate!

S
OP Offline
S
What's Amber Jack good for. The first mate said it's very tough and good for soup. Any other suggestions? We gave ours to the Captain. What a pretty fish.

SIN

K
K
Sounds like a SIN/CJ wager oughta be placed-first, most, and biggest. SIN- amberjack a/k/a reef donkey. That should tell you something about them.

Flyfishing my way through mid-life crisis.
S
OP Offline
S
Shux, should've let him go then.

yeah but donkey you can eat!!! sick

On some of the big jacks some locals do a jack boil???what ever that is ?? One thing I do know it does not taste like chicken ???? but love I the snapper..

Living The Dream Every Day!
Doesn't taste like fish either, Capt Jeff!! sick

D
D
Jack soup, Cut up 2 onions,mix 3 cups buttermilk, 2 cups rum, 6 chili's, cut up 3 lbs. of fish into 2" cubes, soak the fish in the sauce overnight in the refer, throw the fish away and drink the sauce.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 330 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.