Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#24368 08/15/00 10:12 AM
M
Marvel Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Thanks Jesse for the Doctors e-mail. Heard from her the A.M.and she gave me the information I needed.
If you know of anyone that has even had a Sciatic Nerve [Linked Image] you will know why I needed to get some information. Thanks Again

[This message has been edited by Marvel (edited 08-15-2000).]

#24369 08/15/00 12:33 PM
Marvel,
We had to use a doctor in San Pedro while we were there. My young son got a very nasty ear infection and was in a lot of pain. The girl that manages Paradise Villas got an appointment for us. We were very pleased with the doctor and the medication we were able to get. The cost was reasonable. We had to laugh though...... The doctor was on his way to the airport to go on vacation and showed up in a hawaiian shirt and flip flops. When he came in, my son wispered "Mom, is THAT the doctor???" Yes, life is easy in San Pedro.......LOL

#24370 08/15/00 12:57 PM
M
Marvel Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Debbie: How's that weather in your area? Heard the storm is drenching Brownsville.
Thanks for the advise.

#24371 08/15/00 01:14 PM
I am 10 miles north of Brownsville, and we did not get the rain they expected. Just a bit more than a drizzle for a few hours, by
noon the sun is out shining brightly. We do not have any muddles, much less a flood.
We need rain, but we do not want the wind. LOL

Dare To Deviate
#24372 08/15/00 02:36 PM
Marvel,
It's been raining here off and on all day. Thank God. My yard was literally crunchy. We desperately need the rain. The wind really kicked up here yesterday afternoon around 5:00. Had to wrestle my pickup on the way home from work. Still breezy, but not as bad. My son is excited though. Tropical depressions and storms mean big waves at the beach. He's a dedicated surfer. Makes me nervous as hell. I guess I'm just the typical worry wart mother. One saving grace, his surfing buddy is a lifegaurd at the community pool.
Well, guess all those zaney rain dances out back did the trick. LOL

#24373 08/16/00 09:39 AM
Yes Marvel, I also have the Sciatic blues... i can relate....

we used Dr. Otto Rodriguez when we were there, my wife got sick, and he was MARVELOUS!

#24374 08/16/00 10:48 AM
M
Marvel Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Marty it comes with the computer territory!
I've been fighting this X%@* for two years. But after four doctors including two Chiropractors. And many, many Boo-Coo bucks later. My current doctor told me, I had an inflammed hip that effected the Sciatic Nerve. After 3 months with new medication,I could finally walk and sit with out that killer pain. I even got a cordless keyboard and mouse so I could lie down and work.
No one has any idea what pain [Linked Image] is until you have a Sciatic problem. I feel for you. [Linked Image] The only question is: Will it ever go away! [Linked Image]For us, I doubt it too much computer work to do.

#24375 08/16/00 12:38 PM
I have found your chair is the key.
Chair must have arm rests to raise and lower.
Chair must also be raised and lowered, often.
Flexible back on that chair too. The seat needs to be large enough to shift your butt from side to side often.
Anyone using a steno chair with out the above
features, is surely going to have problems.
No I do not sell chairs, just know from suffering the pain. LOL

Dare To Deviate
#24376 08/16/00 01:47 PM
M
Marvel Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Chloe:
Have such a chair. It comes from being very dedicated to ones work without regard to common sense of getting up and not sitting for longs hours at a time. A fault that did not correct until it was too late. I know some that have suffered from this horrible nerve problem by just twisting the wrong way. That pesky big nerve! I was very surprised how common of an injury it really is.

OH,Chloe: I forget those Bar Stools. [Linked Image] HA Ha Thanks for the advise. I now try and remember to get up and take a break!

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 294 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.