Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#243782 07/28/07 01:56 PM
S
OP Offline
S
Hi, I was reading some topic about an artist Walter Castillo because I met him and his wife few times in last couple of years and bought some of his paintings.
Few months ago, I got a mail from him saying he now lives in Los Cabos and have web site.
It's true he takes time to do his painting, but I got them always and very happy with them.
I wanted to share this info with many people who might be looking for him for his art like I did.
Go check www.waltercastilloart.com !
And tell him you saw this comment from me!

I thought Walter was still on AC........can anyone confirm that

I'm happier than a pig in s__t...a foot on the sand...and a Belikin in my hand!
C
C
If you go to Belizean Arts iside Fidos, I am sure Lindsy (his EX) Can probably fill you in on where he is.

LONELY PLANET SAYS TOURIST LOVE OUR ART. BEST PRICES ON ART.
S
OP Offline
S
I doubt that garelly would tell you the truth of his whereabout, because when I went to looking for him first time, they told me he is in Guatemala. But I found him in San Pedro by chance.. Other tourist who went there, was also told he is somewhere else.
Why do they do that? They don't want people to buy from him, but only from the garelly? I don't know..

Sallycaya, don't feel offended that they didn't tell you where he was. It is standard procedure. Would you walk into an art gallery in the U.S. and expect the owner to give you a map and directions to an artist's house that they represent? Of course not. Galleries make an investment in an artist, buying their work, promoting their careers, displaying their work, and would not like to be done out of their commissions by people going directly to the artist. Of course it happens all the time here, with the retail outlet being cut out of the loop. Its a small place, people aren't that hard to find if you want to look for them. I would never give out an artists' personal information, like how to get to their house or how to contact them direct. Its more than just being cut out of the loop and missing out on that commission. Artists sell in galleries because they want their privacy respected. If they didn't care, then they would just open their own showroom in their house and underwrite the cost of promoting themselves.

S
OP Offline
S
Aha! Thank you for explaining it. It dose make sense..

B
B
"Sallycaya" a.k.a Walter and Mito none of what you say makes much sense to me. Sorry you're busted! I am sure people will be interested to read about your website but it is not necessary to discredit your former partner on line at the same time.
"Where is Walter?" Well I don't think you want readers to know afterall you are the person asking. I suggest you invest in a GPS to help find yourself! Wall Mart in Playa probably has some good deals. In March you told our children you were going to Roatan. Since then other people told me Italy, Los Cabos and recently Playa del Carmen. However on your new website you say you are living full time on the "island of San Pedro". At the same time "Sallycaya" says Los Cabos. I am confused

Its a family affair discussion, best to keep out.

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 165 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.