Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline
Hello Campers

I'd like to know more about getting good dental work down here. I hear people all the time say close by there are great sevices WAYYYYYY much cheaper than in the US. I haven't heard of a place in Belize yet but I have heard Guatemala, Cuba, and Mexico.

Anybody have experience and can talk numbers for root canals, cleaning, crowns and so on? Mainly I'd like to hear about beatutiful,smooth porcelain crowns. Fast and good hygene too would be nice to know. Anyone?

Dr Adrian Huesner in Belize City. Educated in the US and has an excellent office. His prices are about half of the US. When we arrived my son had braces so we started with him. Did a much better job than our dentist in the US and way cheaper.

I use Christopher Bennett in Belize City. He's an oral surgeon and was trained in London. I had to have a crown put on a back tooth and it cost me 400 bzd ($200 U.S.) His cleanings are 50 bzd ($25 U.S.)
I have recommended to my family that they ahve their dental work done when they come to save money.
Prices for dental work in Belize are lower than even the deductible of most plans in the U.S. and the work is the samae quality. The same holds true for dermatology.

C
C
I use Osbert Usher, shame on me but I did not go to the dentist for 5 years,and have spent alot of time lately at the dentist. my husband has been going to Usher for about 6 yrs now and marvels at the difference in dental practices between here and U.S. In the US you go in for your Xrays, then another appt and more $$$ for the fillings, root canals can take up to 5 visits etc etc.
Prices from Usher are:
cavities filled with the newer enamel fillings $25US each
Teeth cleaning $20US
Root canal with crown $400US
Tooth extraction only no root canal or crown $30US
Xrays are 12.50 US each
These prices include you antstetics etc, he also does the deep cleaning under the gum lines. Teeth whitening etc.

Last edited by Cooper; 07/30/07 01:13 PM.

LONELY PLANET SAYS TOURIST LOVE OUR ART. BEST PRICES ON ART.
How long does it take to get an appointment with any of these doctors?

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

OP Offline
This is great stuff folks. I really appreciate this. I was beginning to think I would have to recommend people go outside Belize for the good quality work and prices. Anyone else have good experience with a local Dentist office?

Writer claims no authority, worthwhile knowledge of any kind, and didn't make love to that woman.
I like Dr. Pedro Habet, dental surgeon, Belize City

C
C
Just a day or so for appointment

LONELY PLANET SAYS TOURIST LOVE OUR ART. BEST PRICES ON ART.
A
A
I recently had a wonderful experience with Dr. Adrian Huesner in Belize City. My husband was given an estimate of just under $13,000.00 for the work he needed in the US. I looked into Belize, seeing that we were going to be there anyway and found Dr. Huesner. After some convincing my husband went to see him and Dr. Huesner made him feel very comfortable (not an easy thing to do when my husband is faced with any doctor). He examined my husband and told me that he did not need all of the work that the US dentist told him that he did and he pretty much gave my husband a whole new mouth for less than $4,000.00. I would highly recommend him to anyone.

Great report, he has always done great for us!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 312 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.