Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#243854 07/30/07 09:50 AM
Lucy44 Offline OP
OP Offline
Hi all!
My husband and I were on Ambergris in April and had a great time.
We arrived without even having a clue where we'd be staying, or for how long, as we hoped to get to the mainland and camp for a few days.
For anyone who's been to A.C., I don't need to tell you how hard it is to leave that island; we were having such a good time relaxing, we couldn't find the energy to get back to B.C. until 2 hours before our flight home.

Now a girlfriend and I are going to Belize in late Sept. She kinda likes to plan everything in advance, but I'm hoping she'll take my advice and be flexible, since it is low season, and there shouldn't really be any need to worry about all the hotels being booked and the dive boats being filled to capacity.

In April, we stayed at Lilly's. I know...it's not much, but neither was the price.
Initially, we were going to stay for just one night and look for something else. But then we decided to stay another night, then another...and so on.
We really liked the beach-front room we got. Not that the room was great, but we were just steps from the water, and next door to a restaurant and bar.

However, I think we're going to upgrade for this trip, and I was wondering if anyone knows of a hotel, etc. that we can get a pretty good deal on.
We don't even mind having to sit through a time-share sales pitch! We'll need a room for 7 nights. I don't think we'll be renting a golf cart, so close to town is good, but then again, we could always use water taxis if the accommodations are kinda far from town.

We'll be there from 9/27 -10/04.
If y'all have any ideas, I'd love to hear them.

"Travel is fatal to bigotry, racism and narrow mindedness" - Mark Twain
Lucy44 #243857 07/30/07 09:59 AM
Lucy,

Exotic Caye has a great weekly rate that time of year. $579US for a beachfront condo for seven nites and they throw in a free on-day cart rental. It's just south of town and has a pool and, best of all, a great bar (Crazy Canuck's). you can get the needed contact info in the Lodging section on the main board. smile

When you find a big kettle of crazy, it's best not to stir it.
I really like Sunbreeze.

Lucy44 Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks KC! I'll look into that. It sounds good!

Travel Queen, I'll check out Sunbreeze too.

Cheers!!

"Travel is fatal to bigotry, racism and narrow mindedness" - Mark Twain
Lucy44 #243887 07/30/07 12:17 PM
I highly recommend the Blue Tang Inn and The Palms. They might be more pricey than you're looking for but off season rates are reasonable.

S
S
Banana Beach and Exotic Caye have great specials. The Cloisters looks reasonable as well.

SIN

Check out my site: www.ambergriscayerealestate.net
If you like the location of Lily's, why not try next door at Mayan Princess. No pool, but fabulous patios overlooking the water. Make sure you get onto 2nd or 3rd floor though.

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

seashell #243970 07/30/07 07:12 PM
For something within walking distance to town these girls are nice ....

//ambergriscaye.com/latitudes/

San Pedro based Belize Blog since 2007 - great travel resources & discounts https://tacogirl.com/

tacogirl #244099 08/01/07 12:58 PM
Banana Beach's Sept & Oct - pay for 4 nights, stay for 7 - is hard to beat. Blue Tang also has some low rates at that time due to pool renovations going on. Lots of deals to be had in Sept/Oct. Buy travel insurance though in case of weather issues

tacogirl #244127 08/01/07 08:12 PM
S
S
I second the vote for changes in latitudes- my hubby and I were sad to leave the girls there and go to Victoria House (mistake). Their food is GREAT- chocolate waffles for breakfast? Heck yes! There's a pool and wireless. They're just out of "down town" but still in town so it's pretty quiet- we never had a problem sleeping while we were there. each room has AC (BONUS!) and a private bathroom. They have a nice patio to hang out on with hammocks and chairs, a sandy shower, wet storage, free bikes... need I say more? I would have stayed there for the whole week if it wasn't for meeting up with family for a wedding.

do I have to get shots to go there? 8o)
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 181 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,028
Members20,468
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.