Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#244030 07/31/07 04:23 PM
C
OP Offline
C
does anyone know of anywhere in Belize to buy Electric on demand water heaters. Thanks

I have never seen the electric variety here, only the butane type. Very expensive to operate is why maybe?

S
S
No, electric on-demand is cheap to operate as it only uses power when actually producing hot water.

S
S
The electric shower heads are common here but kinds crazy. An electric shower head! I've had them and been knocked down from being shocked in the shower! Ouch! The best I've seen used are the laser hot water heaters. Google it. Very efficient as it only heats water on demand and doesn't keep a tank of hot water heated all day and night. Pretty cool technology.

SIN

Check out my site: www.ambergriscayerealestate.net
I agree that they will use much less energy than a standard hot water heater, but compared to a similar on demand butane heater? Any one actually using an on demand elec hot water heater with info? We used the electric shower heads in our house in PG, never got shocked but they went bad quickly, at least for me. I got less than a year out of several in different bathrooms.

S
S

Check out my site: www.ambergriscayerealestate.net
On demand makes sense.

We rarely use hot water in the shower here only if there is a bit of a cool front.

My other trick for hot water is to shower in afternoon when pipes are hot from sun lol.

San Pedro based Belize Blog since 2007 - great travel resources & discounts https://tacogirl.com/

C
C
Benny's Homecenter in Beliz City carries the on demand heaters. Call and ask Roque. He is very helpfull.

P
pedro2
pedro2
P
I installed a shower on my dock, run from BWS piped water. It runs fairly warm for a while, then when the water coming out has obviously come from way up the pipes it gets HOT. Extraordinary - it's hotter than my shower at home (driven from an inefficient hot water tank). Anyone any explanation?

I bet the water is in a holding tank someplace that gets a lot of sun. The sun is a powerful heat source. I have to let the water run all the way through the hose before turning it on any plants or it would cook them.

I bought a solar hot water system for my house and am having a devil of a time getting it to work - gets way to hot and blows up the lines. I don't know why I keep paying money to try to get it operating - I guess I just hate to have anything beat me. I actually love the water just as it comes out of the tap - cool. I like to shower before going to bed - just to cool down.

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 312 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.