Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
K
katyana Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Any recommendations for one or the other for the hop between Belize International and San Pedro in November?

Also, how much time is needed to connect between the afternoon incoming American Airlines flight and a Maya or Tropic flight to SP in November? Do I need to allow for more than 45 minutes?

Thanks!

Love both, if you have to wait 45 minutes, I would be surprised!! I normally just take the next flight to San Pedro, One is on the hour the other on the 1/2 hour!! Gotta love it!!!!!!! You might have a chance to get a drink at Jet's bar before the flight!

Can't find my plane...
Y
Y
-----And JET'S will serve some pretty good food while you're waiting to fly home.

B
bec Offline
B
How far in advance do you need to book this flight? We are vacationing in February and I would assume that it is a busy time.

Thanks

sun,sand,cerveca
As soon as we have our international flight numbers to/from BZE we let the hotel know and they make the Maya or Tropic reservations and send us the confirmation number. We have used both airlines and don't have a preference.
One reminder, tho....make sure to have your name and where you are staying in all of your bags. Last year one of my carry-ons didn't arrive in San Pedro with me and I was told that that at the end of the day, all of the "left-over" luggage would come to San Pedro and be delivered to the hotels. They were right! Armando was at our door with it around 7 that evening. Since it was a carry on, I didn't have all of the hotel info in it like I did my checked luggage so they had to search for a delivery clue. They found a folder in a side pocket with emails from the hotel. All's well that ends well!!
We are going in February, also...189 days to go!!

If you're making arrangements by yourself -- book whenever. If your int'l flight gets in late, no problem making the next one. Good to have a reservation though. My first AC trip I had to change int'l flights several times and the Maya rebooking was seamless -- I just sent an email and they confirmed a new flight within a day for me.

I will have a Belikin -- put it on klcman's tab.
G
G
Try to get your reservation made in US$ not local currency.....I forgot which way you do it....e-mail or phone....You don't want to send them a fax with your signature...that means a local currency billing and the conversion fees on your credit card.

You'll want a Capital One credit card to avoid the foreign exchange fees.

K
katyana Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Thanks for all the quick responses!

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 312 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.