Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#244444 08/06/07 02:40 PM
C
OP Offline
C
I am looking for a nice place to stay in February for about 5 days. Two couples. We want to be walking distance from town in a nice place on the beach which is reasonable in price. We stayed before at Exotic Caye Beach Resort and liked it, but thought we might try something different. I remember at one time there were a lot of folks recommending Banana Beach resort. Is this still a good place to stay? Any other recommendations?

Yes, Banana Beach is still great! Also consider Blue Tang Inn, The Palms, Banyan Bay (all 2 & 3 bedroom units)& Xanadu. BB & BB ;-) are a bit further from town than EC or the others. Still walking distance but about 1 1/2 miles up the beach.

BBeach is nice place, but beach not as nice as EC - narrow with sea wall.

otherwise, barb knows all!

L
LJ Offline
L
Casa Escalante is a great place just before Victoria House (right next door).Big beach area,they are locals who have 2 condos attatched to their house.They are listed under lodging at top of this page.Lots of room in condos more than any hotel you will find.Banana Beach is good also,we stayed there in "05".Here is link to pics from Jan. "07" at Casa Escalante.Also the Escalante's are some of the worlds best people. Belize pics

love casa escalante. and they have the softest sand on the island. PM me if you want to know more. i stay there often. great swinging chair on the roof. outstanding view up there. really roomy. cool bar, full kitchens, washer and dryer for goodness sakes!!!

hmmm. almost stayed there last week, but didnt. will consider it next time. thanks!

you will really like it jane. GREAT for the family. separate bedrooms!!!! kids will love roaming around the property. HUGE chunk of land

jules used to work with my friend craigswench. she recommended it to me. i saw the pics. we just wanted to stay north this time.

always collecting info. this forum is so great for that.

Did you stay at the Cloisters? How was it?

barb, will e-mail you.

we would all like to know how it went

I'm sure you already know this but DON'T stay at the Belize Yacht Club. We just got back and, as Amanda knows, we had numerous problems. There will be snow on the beach before we stay there again. You know it's bad when the bartenders ask "Where are you staying?" and when we replied "BYC" they would say "I'm sorry" and buy us a round of drinks.

k46tank, what happened that was so bad?

W
W
I like Paradise Villas for a place close to town but just far enough away to be quiet,great pool, location and staff.Also nice dock with artificial reef for snorkling or just cooling off.
ENJOY!
contact Nellie threw her web site at. paradisevillas.com

TQ,

We (three couples) booked rooms in March and was told that a free day's Catamaran cruise (Hol Chan snorkeling, Caye Caulker) would be included. Also had BYC book local flights and paid for everything in full also in March. My wife and I paid with our CC and the other two couples paid for both of their rooms and flights with one CC.

When we got to Belize City, Maya Air said that my wife and my tickets had not been paid for even though we had a confirmation email from BYC. We had to pay for the tickets again.

Once at BYC we were told that the restaurant was closed, the fitness center was gone and that all of BYC's boats including the Catamaran had been moved because it is hurricane season. When we asked about the promotional day's sail we were told that they would give us free breakfasts instead, but with no restaurant that never happened? When we asked that they give us a credit at the bar (the current internet promotion) they flatly said "No" and no apology was made.

They also said that one of the other couples had not paid even though both of their rooms were paid with the same CC. Luckily Mike had brought along copies of everything, including his CC bill showing the charges. But even with the proof it took 20 min to convince them that the rooms were paid for. Again there was no apology for the mix-up.

Add to that that we had no hot water for at least three days with no explanation or apologies, an A/C in one of the units that wouldn't cool, dredging (sand pumping) in front of our rooms and construction beside, and a general lack of concern by the front desk staff.

Prior to checking out were told that they would refund my CC for the cost of the second set Maya tickets, but so far I haven't seen the credit.

It's really a shame that they don't have better customer service skills or concerns. Also, it seems that the property had declined since we visited three years ago.

I would like to think it was just a fluke, but I have a feeling it wasn't. When the locals would ask where we were staying, our answer of "BYC" always got the same response-Sorry to hear that. We even had a couple of bartenders buy us a round of drinks.

Sorry about this being so long. There were a few other issues, but these were the main things.

Wow, sorry to hear about the misfortune! Hopefully you had other very positive experiences... ya, they don't have a very good reputation - I see why!

I hope this doesn't affect your decision to visit another time. As I'm sure you noticed, without BYC, the place is really PARADISE.

BYC has been booted off ambergriscaye.com for a long time due to their constant problems and aggravating personnel

Yeah Marty, Give 'em the boot! Marty for President!!!

We had a great time, other than the problems at BYC. Four of us have been to AC before and we talked the third couple into going this year. I felt bad that they had to suffer through the problems but they still had enough fun that they are talking about a return trip also.

We will definitely be back!

I have learned a lot about BYC and their shady business practices. I really hate that we supported them by staying there.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 356 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.