Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Page 1 of 113 1 2 3 112 113 >
Topic Options
#245185 - 08/16/07 03:58 PM Here comes Dean
Otteralum Offline
Anyone keeping an eye on this guy???

#245187 - 08/16/07 04:05 PM Re: Here comes Dean [Re: Otteralum]
LIBeachBum Offline
I'm supposed to catch a flight to Belize tomorrow morning...I've been watching intently for the past couple of days. Looks like I picked the wrong week for a vacation...I'm working on canceling everything now.

Good luck to all living there! Be safe!

#245188 - 08/16/07 04:19 PM Re: Here comes Dean [Re: LIBeachBum]
belizegial Offline
Certainly, we are monitoring this hurricane and is hoping that it goes north of us.

Lets keep on praying.

#245192 - 08/16/07 04:35 PM Re: Here comes Dean [Re: belizegial]
elbert Offline
Hea wait a min. I'm North of you.

#245219 - 08/16/07 10:16 PM Re: Here comes Dean [Re: elbert]
2MILESNORTHOFCUT Offline
Yea, Me too!! Let it go east. waaaaaaaaay east eek

#245223 - 08/16/07 10:52 PM Re: Here comes Dean [Re: 2MILESNORTHOFCUT]
Ruth1 Offline
Hey we were there just north of Elbert G. has week...Felt like Florida....tropical storm moved in just as we arrived Saturday, Aug 4th...Glad we had plenty of booze....we drank and watched the chairs and table on our deck go by.....Wind was strong.

Dean doesn't look like anything like last week...Y'all take care...and keep an eye on this storm....

All the Best,
Ruth

#245224 - 08/16/07 11:12 PM Re: Here comes Dean [Re: Ruth1]
beachboy Offline
I think it will miss, but watching the dive boats, loaded up with all there equipment, leaving today for Belize City is a first for me.

Dive shops have already closed which is so unnecessarily early.

Please everyone pray it misses and remember the people who give their time for rescue etc who will not leave as that is why they give their time.

Edited by beachboy (08/16/07 11:12 PM)

#245226 - 08/16/07 11:23 PM Re: Here comes Dean [Re: beachboy]
Otteralum Offline
beachboy, jesse and belizegial

you bet I'll be prayin. I agree it seems early for dive shops to close down -- you can't be getting any unfavoarble conditions for at least another 48 hours or so -- likely much longer

#245227 - 08/16/07 11:34 PM Re: Here comes Dean [Re: Otteralum]
SimonB Offline
The latest models have all pushed it north of us. I think Cancun must be getting pretty worried, just after they've rebuilt...

#245232 - 08/17/07 12:09 AM Re: Here comes Dean [Re: Sir Isaac Newton]
GoHawks Offline
So I'm getting some conflicting information and impressions and wanted to see what the general vibe is down there.

We're supposed to be leaving on a flight down there in about 8 hours. I've been watching Dean like a hawk and while yesterday was looking pretty bad, today things are looking a bit better for Belize, but not so good for Cancun.

We checked with the owner of the house we are staying at and he said the impression he's getting is that it is going to move north, as has been the impression mentioned by some others here.

Obviously I know that things can change at anytime, but I was starting to get a better feeling for Belize to be spared, at least the brunt of it.

I sent an e-mail Steve at FishingSanPedro since I have fishing trips scheduled for early next week to see about rescheduling for later next week to avoid the bad weather and his response was a lot more worrisome.

He indicated that the general feeling is that Dean is heading right for us and is due around Monday or earlier, that he recommends changing plans and look at making recommendations at an inland mainland resort, that if we head out to the island we'll be in the middle of an evacuation.

If it does come in as a Cat 4 or 5 up by Cancun, what kind of impact can we expect down at Ambergris Caye? Should I be trying to reschedule or cancel my trip right now? We've been planning this thing for a year and half, I'd hate to cancel but I'd hate to fly down and be in the middle of a hurricane too.

I know that nothing is definite but whats the overall opinion down there right now?

Page 1 of 113 1 2 3 112 113 >

Links
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
0 registered (), 22 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,672 Registered Members
44 Forums
64,016 Topics
462,196 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 07:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.