Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#245391 08/18/07 02:36 PM
OP Offline
Use of the Barefoot Iguana building as a Hurricane Shelter for Pets.

The Barefoot Iguana Club that is located on Coconut Drive here in San Pedro will be available for use as a hurricane shelter during the 2007 Hurricane Season for any kenneled animals as needed by Saga Society or private residence during an emergency situation. You must bring water, food, medications or any other items the animal will need for a one week stay. Items that will also be needed are newspapers, water and food bowls, leashes, collars, garbage bags, and Animal information. The information should include: animals name, type, age, normal feeding and watering schedule, any "catch phrases" that the animal will recognize, Owner name, address, emergency phone number. A release of liability will have to be signed by owners that choose to leave their pet.

Contact Info:

Yvonne Bond @ 226-4079 or 604-3730

Laura Raye Marlow @ 226-3400 or 625-4551

Best Regards,

Yvonne Bond

Owner \ Operator

Barefoot Iguana Limited

San Pedro based Belize Blog since 2007 - great travel resources & discounts https://tacogirl.com/

Taco Girl, as usual you are on top of and reporting the goings on on AC. Thanks to you for your involvement in your community. laugh

Gela's AC Motto: "All Roads Used to Lead to BC's - Now They Lead to Hurricane's!"
Charlie, the Local Gringo just informed me that Pedro's Inn will be the Hurricane Shelter for local animals like Wish Willies, Bamboo Chickens, Geckos, Ninis, Crocks, Gators, Raccoons, Squash, Ant Bears and Thoroughbred United Nations Dogs.

Tacogirl,

I envy you moving to AC. I love reading your posts and blogs, you are always full of info!

It really seems like you are very involved with the community and I think thats great, keep it up!!!

OP Offline
Thanks Gela, Lake girl

It is nice to see everyone coming together right now and forming an information chain.

San Pedro based Belize Blog since 2007 - great travel resources & discounts https://tacogirl.com/

lol, Big laugh. 2 funy, thanks!

Writer claims no authority, worthwhile knowledge of any kind, and didn't make love to that woman.
L
L
I have been receiving many calls about the shelter at Barefoot Iguana. I only have 5 volunteers for caring for the animals...AFTER the storm passes. I would really welcome assistance before the storm. I need assistance with the intake of the animals. If I had this, I could open the club now and begin receiving the animals today instead of at 9:00 am tomorrow morning.

Please call me at 226.4079 or on my cell at 625.4551 if you have some time to help.

Thanks laura for all your loving support! And, of course Tacogirl for spreading the word.

I would like to remind people that a shipping worthy kennel is reuired. A cardboard box is NOT acceptable. Also, You must sign a release form.

I would like to extend a BIG Thank You in advance to all those who chose to help with Laura's extra task of trying to help the pets in San Pedro.

Best Regards,
Yvonne
Barefoot Iguana LTD.

Yvonne Bond
Iguana Gardens LTD
Barefoot Iguana LTD
Laura,

when this has passed, and power back up please write to tell us how we can help. If i can get goods down i will.

Good luck. I worked with Katrina pets.

Ali

looking for special place to retire.
40 years breeding Multiple Best In Show Old English Sheepdogs
L
L
Thank you. Please send me a private message. I have already begun the requests for donations of kennels as well as the freight for them. I had to turn away dozens of pets because no one had kennels. I will let you know how you can help.

Last edited by Laura Marlow; 08/20/07 09:39 PM. Reason: too many martini's

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 254 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.