Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#246640 - 08/21/07 02:57 PM Damage in the Mexico Rocks Area
Portofino Offline
Several home owners asked me to assess the damage at their houses, and here is a report, from North to South:

* Waldo, your house is ok, minor damage to the dock.

* Costa Maya: OK, trees damaged, some windows that weren't boarded up, and part of the dock and the palapa - dive shop is ok.

* Ann, Bill and Nancy: Gutter is gone, dock has split (whatever that means) and telephone cable is broken.

* Stann: All OK, thatch on the dock has gone. Cliff and Joanne stayed the night with Carla.

* Cliff and Joanne's house: OK, no damage, dock is a total loss though.

* Portofino: OK, some damage to the dock, few water leaks, but will be fixed by tomorrow morning.

* Jim: No damage, but the dock has lifted up where it comes on the seawall (as I told you it would).

* Will dock seems to be gone; haven't been South yet, but will do so later and report.

* Keane's house, spoke to the caretaker, and there is damage to the dock - the thatch and the end have gone.

Edited by Portofino (08/22/07 01:12 AM)
Edit Reason: Some small corrections
Portofino Restaurant & Beach Resort
North Ambergris Caye
Facebook: http://facebook.com/PortofinoBelize

#246662 - 08/21/07 03:41 PM Re: Damage in the Mexico Rocks Area [Re: Portofino]
Los Arboles Offline
Thanks Jan for the North report. Our houe is(hopefully) in Playa Blanca and we haven't been able to get our caretaker on the phone or any reports from that specific area.
We all appreciate the info in your reprt.

#246664 - 08/21/07 03:46 PM Re: Damage in the Mexico Rocks Area [Re: Los Arboles]
Caye JD Offline
Hey Jan
We own the house 3 doors south, thatch front, can't reach Antonio do you have any info on him and our place

#246666 - 08/21/07 03:46 PM Re: Damage in the Mexico Rocks Area [Re: Los Arboles]
MJ3 Offline
I am new to this - it is one thing to sit and read, another to become an active participant! I am seeking any news of the status of Tobacco Caye in the aftermath of Dean. I noticed one other person inquired earlier but I haven't yet been able to dredge up any responses to the question.

#246671 - 08/21/07 04:00 PM Re: Damage in the Mexico Rocks Area [Re: Portofino]
SunPirate Offline
Appreciated the damage report. Hope to meet you next year when we return for 8 months. Any news of Oceanaire damage? Thanks, Sunpirate--

#246690 - 08/21/07 04:35 PM Re: Damage in the Mexico Rocks Area [Re: Portofino]
L.A. Lola Offline
Thank you Jan for these updates.

If you happen to walk furthur south towards Mata Chica, could you keep an eye open for our pier. It is two piers north of Mata Chica's pier. Before Dean it had a swim deck and large palapa on it. We just left San Pedro 3 weeks ago after spending a month enjoying our "brand new pier" and planning the building of our home. Oh, well. At least it sounds as though everyone is alive and healthy.

I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you,

Laura Wild

#246699 - 08/21/07 04:43 PM Re: Damage in the Mexico Rocks Area [Re: L.A. Lola]
Los Arboles Offline
Our house is immediately to the north of your pier and property. Can't get an answer from our caretaker as to the condition of that area. If you hear anything, please post it here. And I'll do the same.

#246703 - 08/21/07 04:47 PM Re: Damage in the Mexico Rocks Area [Re: Los Arboles]
Portofino Offline
Elbert's House: No damage, mainly trees, vegitation, beach and some damage to the dock.
I will be going south after I'm done posting some pictures.
Portofino Restaurant & Beach Resort
North Ambergris Caye
Facebook: http://facebook.com/PortofinoBelize

#246715 - 08/21/07 04:57 PM Re: Damage in the Mexico Rocks Area [Re: Portofino]
Marty Online   happy
you rock bro. thanks

#246721 - 08/21/07 05:06 PM Re: Damage in the Mexico Rocks Area [Re: Portofino]
Savanno Offline
Hey Jan, thank you so much for the update and the pictures.
It gives us a better idea how everything looks like!

Just a Q... Paul and Cynthia have asked for an update about their house, and they are very worried!

Can you please send someone over to see what the status is, and let them know?

It is very late here... whished I was with you!

Hou van je,

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker

TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31
Who's Online
4 registered (Marty, ragman, 2 invisible), 42 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,636 Registered Members
44 Forums
63,728 Topics
461,283 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 02:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.