Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#24688 08/26/00 03:01 AM
F
Frank G Offline OP
OP Offline
F
Hi, This is my first time posting here. I am heading off to AC in September. I will be there for one week. My very first time there. I am going with no plans. Any suggestions or must see/do things?
Frank

#24689 08/26/00 08:05 AM
M
M
We are leaving for AC on 9/6 for a week. Our first time also, so we are going to play it by ear.When are you going?

Mary and Scott
#24690 08/26/00 09:48 AM
F
Frank G Offline OP
OP Offline
F
I am heading to AC 2 Sep and will be there till 9 Sep. I am getting very excited. I am flying from Germany to El Paso Texas and then from there to Belize. My plan is also to play it by ear.

#24691 08/26/00 10:58 AM
/////////////////////////////
Here's some main areas of the website, telling lots of fun things to do!
//AmbergrisCaye.com/
Main Page
http://BelizeSearch.com
to search the entire 8,500+ pages of the website
//AmbergrisCaye.com/pages/town/visitor.html
Visitors Center
//AmbergrisCaye.com/pages/town/todo.html
things to do on the island and nearby
//AmbergrisCaye.com/diving
for diving & snorkeling,
//AmbergrisCaye.com/lodging
for Lodging,
//AmbergrisCaye.com/tours
For Maya tours and mainland tours,
//AmbergrisCaye.com/fishing
for fishing,
//AmbergrisCaye.com/economics
The Belize Economics Guide, for tax, immigration, business, consular information, and much more.
//AmbergrisCaye.com/realestate
for real estate agencies and opportunities on the island.
//AmbergrisCaye.com/property
for buying property in Belize
//AmbergrisCaye.com/phonebook
The San Pedro phone book, and search engine for email addresses. A comprehensive Email and Website Directory for Belize Businesses by subject matter is a great new addition.
//AmbergrisCaye.com/pages/photos
LOTS of pictures of the island, and links to many galleries specific to activities, like diving galleries, birding galleries, Kay Scott's fantastic FACES $ PLACES OF SAN PEDRO gallery, and more more more...
//AmbergrisCaye.com/business
for over 100 Island Businesses schools, and organizations
//AmbergrisCaye.com/help
for Quick Important Information on Getting here, and pertinent island information
//AmbergrisCaye.com/kevin/
A column by Kevin Gonzales on issues affecting tourism.
//AmbergrisCaye.com/pages/town/facts.html
for several maps of the island, of Belize, of hotels and businesses and their locations on the island.
//AmbergrisCaye.com/history
for a wealth of historical information
//AmbergrisCaye.com/restaurants
for restaurants! Lots of menus...
//AmbergrisCaye.com/fieldguide
for a field guide exclusively for Belize and Ambergris Caye

Belizean Archaeological information, a weekly column by Dr. Herman Smith: //AmbergrisCaye.com/museum/digit.html

Ambergris Caye Museum and Historical Society: //AmbergrisCaye.com/museum/

25 Years Ago, a weekly column by Angel Nunez, principal of San Pedro High School, on conditions in Belize and on the island 25 years ago. Quite interesting. //AmbergrisCaye.com/25years/
//AmbergrisCaye.com/wallpaper/
Huge images of San Pedro suitable for your computer background or wallpaper, or just your viewing pleasure. Easy install.

Birding on Ambergris Caye: //AmbergrisCaye.com/cv/birds/birding.html

Belize Electronic Library, has related links to many many websites that are relevant to the lives of Belizeans //AmbergrisCaye.com/bzlibrary
http://SanPedroSun.net
The San Pedro Sun, the island newspaper
http://BelizeNews.com
for the major Belizean online news sources all in one easy to use place
//AmbergrisCaye.com/sail2cuba
3 fellows sail to Belize via Havana a few months ago. One owns Mata Chica, see below...
//AmbergrisCaye.com/seabelize/kayaking.html
Really cool new trip on the back side. See the island the way the Maya saw it, through the same paths in the mangroves....
//AmbergrisCaye.com/tanisha/lamanai.html
Take a boat ride up the New River, tons of birds, animals of various forms, bromeliads, orchids, up to Lamanai, the ancient ruin.
//AmbergrisCaye.com/blueholetrip
Multi-day trip to the atolls of Belize, Turneffe, Lighthouse, Great Blue Hole
//AmbergrisCaye.com/pages/town/divesharkholchan.html
Diving and Snorkeling Shark Ray Alley and Hol Chan Marine Reserve
//AmbergrisCaye.com/holchan
Hol Chan Marine Reserve, lots of information on this jewel of a dive spot.
//AmbergrisCaye.com/wwwboard/wwwboard.html
A messaging center for the island. Ask that question you have, or use the search engine to find someone who asked it before!

Marty
ChiefNerd
AmbergrisCaye.com

#24692 08/28/00 11:27 AM
A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
hi - got back saturday 8/26. first off, BRING HEAVY DUTY BUG SPRAY (we used a can a day, really)!! we were not in town, but north of the cut, but 'squitos were killer this year, dont forget benedryl CREAM and afterbite, they were our saviors, and i was everyone's best friend for having them. (benedryl pills and alcohol dont mix well, unless you like to sleep).

we also just winged it, no plans. is is a slow time and no problems for us. i chilled out on the beach or snorkeled while hubby dove everyday, where ever the dive master felt like going that day with no disappointments. i stayed at journeys end resort (has its own dive shop), water taxi can take you there and has a great beach with beautiful lush landscaping right on the beach, resident iguanas that sun on the coconut palms, and kayaks that you can use or rent to tie up to a bouy close by to snorkel from. i did not see ANY resorts in town with quiet or pretty beaches. oh yeah, the bar overlooks the beach too. had a great time except for those DARN MOSQUITOS!! any q's post me back. have a great trip.

#24693 08/28/00 11:40 AM
F
Frank G Offline OP
OP Offline
F
Janeinpa, Thanks for the info on the bug spray. I will buy lots of it. So, nothing nice in town you say, eh? I still have no idea where I am going to stay. I was thinking of just showing up and finding what I find. I am wanting to find a cabana not to far from the town. But I am not picky. I will be happy just to be there.

#24694 08/28/00 11:51 AM
If you are looking for budget accomodations in town try Rubies $15-$45 USD a day depending on the type of room you want. The Conch Shell is another choice at $30 with refridgerators in the room. We ate breakfast at Rubies and at night from the food carts in town. Never had upset tummies, but made sure we took pepto bismal chewables. In our first aid kit we also take Bactrim (which we pick up in Mexico, without a prescription) in case we get into any funky food.
http://www.caribbean-colors.com

[This message has been edited by silkpainter (edited 08-28-2000).]

#24695 08/28/00 12:13 PM
JANE....it was nice to meet you! You got good positive energy!....LOL

The misquitos have died down just a tiny bit. Still need OFF on a daily basis....especially if you venture north or to far south. I personally prefer a sturdy tennis raquet....LOL (just kidding)

Frank....Lily's is pretty good too....they have rooms for about $43US....all are airconditioned....beachfront hotel....own restaurant....good breakfast!....and in town.

Their email is: [email protected]

If you research Marty's links....you can't go wrong. More info than you can absorb in a day....LOL

Travel Club Resorts International http://www.travelclub.net

#24696 08/29/00 09:00 AM
Go night diving/snorkeling at Hol Chan.
We went with Amigos del Mar and it was an awesome trip!
Eat Breakfast at Estel's Dine by the Sea, on the beach in the center of town.
Belize it!

#24697 08/29/00 09:31 AM
A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
now, don't put words in my mouth...i didnt say there was no place nice in town. i just said I was glad not to stay in town (different strokes ya know). JE up north was just very beautiful to me. i am in my mid thirties now and didnt need to party til dawn thing. JE bar stays open til last person leaves, so it is what you make of it. frank dove at 9am everyday, so we were in bed by 10pm most nights anyhow. ever had a hangover 65 feet under the sea?? town aint that far away, it is a small island! hubby's opinion: you could take or leave it all except for the diving but he is a grumpy guy! i personally liked cannibals for breakfast over estelles (cheaper too i think?) even ran into choochoo and bride there. yummy waffles and the breakfast burrito was good too!
ss - nice to meet you too, hope you get that air conditioner! glad to hear the squitos are down. the north end was just engulfed with them. got home my clothes all smelled like off and burning coconut husks! had a great time but glad to be home.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 372 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.