Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Topic Options
The Laughing Dolphin after Hurricane Dean.
Other images in post
Image Details
Poster Portofino Offline
Posted 08/22/07 08:29 PM
Tim, Tom and Joyce, the Laughing Dolphin doesn't seem to have suffered any damage, I don't think the dock has any severe damage either.
Portofino Restaurant & Beach Resort
North Ambergris Caye
New Website: www.portofino.bz
Dimensions 1136x852
Size 132.82 KB

#247227 - 08/23/07 08:32 PM Re: The Laughing Dolphin after Hurricane Dean. [Re: Portofino]
Tom & Joyce Offline
Thanks very much for the pictures of the Laughing Dolphin. Sure appreciate your efforts.
Tom & Joyce

#247228 - 08/23/07 08:41 PM Re: The Laughing Dolphin after Hurricane Dean. [Re: Portofino]
Tom & Joyce Offline
Hi again Jan
Your looking at our property and taking the the pictures makes for super neighbors.
Tim, Tom & Joyce

#247654 - 08/28/07 02:00 AM Re: The Laughing Dolphin after Hurricane Dean. [Re: Portofino]
gosalgal Offline
Hi Jan, a week post hurricane and I imagine work is getting done and your amazing resort is smiling. Sounds like our phone survived while others did not as it has been a source of communication for a few without... does this mean the electricity is back.? Also if Javier could give me a late day report as to the details of coral wall and Palapa area in the front of our place, I would be delighted... if you bump into him, that is. No special effort please. Again, so many thanks for all your consideration and the amazing lengths you went to meet the needs of so many. Blessings, Sally and David

#247724 - 08/28/07 07:08 PM Re: The Laughing Dolphin after Hurricane Dean. [Re: gosalgal]
Portofino Offline
Hi Sally and David,

Everything is back to normal over here, only some damaged docks in the area remind of the storm. The power has been back since Saturday 25th (as I reported in this post) although we had our generator powering the resort. Lorenzo already fixed the coral-rock wall the day after the storm, when I passed by your place. Haven't looked at the palapa, but will definitely ask Javier to report to you.

Portofino Restaurant & Beach Resort

#248003 - 08/31/07 02:35 PM Re: The Laughing Dolphin after Hurricane Dean. [Re: Portofino]
gosalgal Offline
Thanks Jan, I will give him a call then... looks like he tried to get is the other night and we missed the call. All the best to you for a long weekend. Blessings, Sally

Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker

TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31
Who's Online
0 registered (), 18 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,632 Registered Members
44 Forums
63,698 Topics
461,211 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 02:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.