Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
P
OP Offline
P
anyone out there who has stayed here please advise?

I would just note that at Belize First Magazine we continue to get very mixed reports from readers on Exotic Caye/Playador. Some people think it is a good value for the money, and others say it didn't live up to their expectations. One recent report from a family said their condo unit there had very sparse and unsatisfactory furnishings. Perhaps that has to do with the fact that some units are individually owned?

--Lan Sluder
Belize First Magazine http://www.turq.com/belizefirst/

Lan Sluder/Belize First
http://www.belizefirst.com
T
Tom Offline
T
Well here is a first hand report from Tuki Tuki who happens to own Unit #2-B. Thus was the first unit up and rentable when they took out the old single dwelling Casitas that were originally geared for the divers and started building the condos. The first building that was built was actually building #2 which has 3 units. The top unit is a 2 bedroom with large loft and then 2 single units on the bottom. #2-B has fully equipped kitchen, dishes, silverware, pots & pans, microwave, toaster, TV/VCR, a queen size futon with specially built extra thick mattress, king size bed and brand new shower. All curtains and bedspread match and were hand made. We have French doors that open onto the porch and are only steps away from the pool and are on the beach. The "Crazy Canuck Bar" is directly across on the other side of the beach just have to watch those palm trees if you stay too long at the bar, they jump out in front of you on your way back to the condo.
Several condos are now owned by Exotic Caye Beach Resort but there are some that are still privately owned. We are in the rental pool and the resort does manage them for us but that is why there is a big difference in what is offered in some units apposed to others.
Tom & Kat/Tuki Tuki

T
Tom Offline
T
I would like to take this opportunity to also let people know that ther is a report circulating that The "Crazy Canuck's Bar"
had been damaged by "Hurricane Dean". I had a friend go and take a first hand look at things and they reported back to be that all was well and that the bar was open for business and had customers. No boat on the beach they were all in the water and that other than some minor thatch displacement and a few palm trees damaged everything is fine!
Thank God we were spared this time. I wa there for all of Hurricane Keith and it was not a pretty sight.
Ya'll come on down and enjoy the Belikins and Rum Punches and maybe a Pina Colada in each hand as I sometimes do. I will be down as soon as I can myself.
Kat/Tuki Tuki

S
S
Whew! Went to check out Canucks and it was packed with hearty drinkers who had been cooped up too long!
Lots of noisy hurricane stories!

LOL, I for one have stayed in Kat/Tuki Tuki's condo more than once & thoroughly enjoyed. Yes watch out for the palm trees between the bar & condo as they can "jump out in front of you".

But guys the person you are responding to and that Lan answered was posted in May 2000!! Over 7 years ago, how did that happpen?

We also have stayed there several times and loved it, great people and great bar!!!!!

F
F
Ditto. I'll be back down in February or March of 08. Wish it could be sooner. Hugs to all!

Shelly
We've stayed in a few different units including Tuki Tuki's! Wonderful staff and great property for the price! Wish I could come down again in Feb. Remodeling the house and foregoing the Belize vacation!

Coco

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 308 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.