Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
J
OP Offline
J
Hey all you divers--
We wil be on AC in February. My husband & I are snorkelers, so we wear shorties. Our adult children will be joining us & they are divers, but only have dived in the summer. What's the water like in February? Do you need a full wetsuit, or is a shortie adequate?

I use a full wet suit in Feb. The water sometimes goes down to 79 f.
I know thats still warm by most peoples standards but I'm in the water twice a day and it accumulates.

White Sands Dive Shop
https://whitesandsdiveshop.com/
P
pedro2
pedro2
P
On the other hand I use a diveskin, and I'm in the water about as much. It's a very personal thing.

What the guys are not saying is it depends on how much fat they have one their bones. I'm very fat and sometimes don't wear anything! Oh - just so I don't freak everyone out I wear a swim suit. LOL I also have a 1 mm sleeveless shorty which is nice when the water is below 80.

You snorkelers might want to consider a skin as you will probably burn any exposed parts.

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles
Hey Elbert - Did you dye your hair? Nice picture. Can you sing too?

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles
My new hurricane look

White Sands Dive Shop

Be careful Rykat , it seems when ever we are on a thread at the same time ..poof ,,,the smell of smoking digits and its gone. wink

White Sands Dive Shop
Well, there you go. It just shows that everyone is different. When I'm diving, no matter if the water temp is 84+ degrees, I wear my full 3 mm suit. I don't get overheated in the water and if warm up on the surface, I can pull the top down. I've found that over multiple dives on multiple days, I'm glad to have it.

When diving in cooler water temps, like those around Belizean waters in the winter months, I've even been known to wear a light hood, neoprene beanie cap or a bandana, to help keep my head warm too.

The padding I have before I even donn my wetsuit doesn't seem to help keep me warm at all. It's more like there is more surface area to chill. smile

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

Hey elbert - caught your little dance on the new Arby's commercial. Adorable! crazy

It's never too late to have a happy childhood!
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 312 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.