Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
C
OP Offline
C
My wife and I just moved to San Pedro 3 days ago. We have been unpacking and now realize that we might be faced with a hurricane. We could really use a shelter where we can leave our belongings in a secure fashion. We don't know anyone on the island and could really use some help. We would also be willing to pay for shelter space for our belongings. Thanks alot.
Jason

C
OP Offline
C
my cell number is 501-626-0546

Pack your belongings in large, heavy duty trash bags. Put you medications and important documents into ziploc bags and keep them with you.

During these types of circumstances people aren't going to be too interested in helping you worry about your "stuff" but certainly people worry about your safety.

If you cannot book into one of the solid concrete hotels - Banana Beach, Banyan Bay Villas, Sunbreeze etc. then I would recommend that you both consider leaving and coming back next week. If you plan to stay you need to use the search feature on this board to gather a list of necessary items so that you be as independent as possible. You need to have your own fresh water drinking supply, food for at least 3 days, your medications, toilet paper etc.

We do not have hurricane shelters on the island. If necessary a mandatory evacuation will be called. If an evacuation is dictated, then it means that circumstances could become highly dangerous on the island. It isn't wise to "tough it out" if you don't know anybody or know your way around.

Anyway, so much stuff for you to investigate and review.

Remember the government can barely handle taking care of its citizens in crises situations. What will you do after the storm when there is no water, no electricity, no fresh food, debris everywhere, tropical diseases will become a more serious consideration.Did you get your tetanus shots boosted before you came?

Good luck. Stay safe.

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 308 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.