Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Topic Options
#24917 - 08/30/00 02:15 PM dive shop at Captain Morgans?
MichelleE Offline
Has anyone gone through Captain Morgan's to set up their diving? We are staying there mid-September and want to know if we should someone who might be at a different location, or just go with what's easiest.

#24918 - 08/30/00 11:57 PM Re: dive shop at Captain Morgans?
Anonymous
i stayed at journeys end north of cm's and my husband used it happily every day. a bunch of cm's guest's used the JE dive shop to; i dont know why. you can bike or water taxi it there.

#24919 - 08/31/00 04:31 AM Re: dive shop at Captain Morgans?
booblers Offline
Hi Michelle, my boyfriend and I are booked to stay at Captain Morgan's in Nov. would you mind letting me how your stay there goes. I would really appreciate it.

#24920 - 08/31/00 02:50 PM Re: dive shop at Captain Morgans?
MichelleE Offline
Thanks for the advice, Jane.

Booblers,I'll post information on Captain Morgans when we get back.

#24921 - 08/31/00 02:55 PM Re: dive shop at Captain Morgans?
Anonymous
michelle, i just read what i wrote, and let me rephrase. they all used JOURNEYS END'S dive shop, not CM's. didnt realize how unclear i was. did not talk to anyone who dove from CM, sorry.

#24922 - 08/31/00 02:59 PM Re: dive shop at Captain Morgans?
Anonymous
also guys, they are doing quite a bit of construction at CM's. make sure you reqest a room away from the pounding. some people told me it was no problem, i heard others left CM's for other quieter hotels. just second hand info, of course, but i did see the big trusses being put up myself.

#24923 - 08/31/00 08:28 PM Re: dive shop at Captain Morgans?
Holly Offline
Captain Morgan's uses Patojo's Scuba Center for all its dives. You can arrange the dives through the activity director and Patojo will pick you up at the dock.

#24924 - 08/31/00 10:16 PM Re: dive shop at Captain Morgans?
booblers Offline
Hi Michelle, I contacted Captain Morgan's regarding the construction being done. They are doing the construction near the pool and it starts at 9am and stops at 4pm. If I were you I would make sure your cabana is on the other side. They said our cabana was but I am actually looking into changing where I stay. I don't want to be woke up by noise if I want to sleep in while I am on vacation.
Jenn

#24925 - 09/01/00 03:23 PM Re: dive shop at Captain Morgans?
MichelleE Offline
Thanks for the advice! I just found out that Captain Morgan's is one of the resort where Fox will be filming some new "reality" show - something about tempting couples to break their engagements - charming! Anyway, we will be overrun by 130 crew and cast while we are there. I'm going to try to change our accomadations, but we went through a travel agency for a package deal, so I'm not sure it's possible.

#24926 - 09/01/00 05:19 PM Re: dive shop at Captain Morgans?
Marty Offline
Patojos Dive Shop is at: http://AmbergrisCaye.com/tides/

Links
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 43 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,676 Registered Members
44 Forums
64,079 Topics
462,376 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 07:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.