Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 14 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 13 14
Windjammer #250090 09/18/07 10:06 PM
E
E
Thanks, WJ.

Ernie B #250096 09/18/07 10:39 PM
No thanks needed Ernie. I just want to be able to report tomorrow night that things are even better. smile

Windjammer #250177 09/19/07 03:45 PM
Go Denny GO !! Just a matter of time until he breaks out of the joint grin grin smile

Been home for a couple of hours, just trying to compose my thoughts. Really, really wanted to be able to report good things and disappointed not to. Had my hopes up but was sad. I couldn't make him open his eyes and do all the things I had hoped based on my reports from his sister. Things still have a long way to go but not giving up by any means.

Kindred is a very specialized hospital and nice. Nurse was a sweetheart. She gave me a hug, said she took very good care of him last night, bathed him, etc. While I was there they brought him an air mattress so they came in with this huge piece of equipment to lift him. Two nurses rolled him from side to side to place a sling under him which then attached to the lift to crank him up & change the mattress on the bed. While rolling him and doing all of this he did open his eyes wide and looked at me with horror at what was happening. Once it was all changed he kept his eyes closed and relaxed.

I took the Metro Rail & if anyone is going you get off at the Hermann Park/Hospital/Zoo stop(by Hermann Hospital just past McGregor, go south a little bit & Kindred is on the right, the entrance is actually in the alley between Fannin & Main. I did find out from the sweet nurse that parking for this hospital is free which is unheard of in the Texas Medical Center and you can come at any time of the day or night, no restrictions.

Denny still needs lots of prayers & I will continue to visit and report. Thanks to everyone for your prayers and good wishes.

Kindred Hospital - Houston
About Our Hospital
Kindred Hospital Houston is dedicated to providing quality care to medically complex and catastrophically ill patients. We provide a full spectrum of acute-level services including a 6 bed ICU and 10 bed IMU. Programs focus on ventilator/respiratory management, medically complex patients, wound management and rehabilitation. Kindred Hospital Houston has various clinical affiliations with The Baylor College of Medicine and The University of Texas Medical School. Kindred Hospital Houston is licensed for 110 beds and maintains the highest standards set by medical professionals:
� Accreditation from Joint Commission (formerly JCAHO)
� Certification from Medicare
� Licensure from the state of Texas as a General Hospital
Vision Statement
As part of a system of hospitals in the Houston market, Kindred Hospital Houston will integrate its resources and talents to pursue the development of programs and the delivery of services consistent with the needs of our referring hospitals, physicians and our patient community.
Mission Statement
Kindred Hospital Houston will be the community's leading provider of long-term acute care hospital services. We will set the benchmark for professional excellence and commitment to the patients we serve, making Kindred Hospital synonymous with quality, service, compassion and integrity.

Windjammer #250220 09/20/07 07:51 AM
keep praying for our buddy.

GAY AND DAVID #250225 09/20/07 08:35 AM
D
D
Windjammer, it's so very nice of you to do what you are for Denny and all of us who cannot be there. Thank you.

Danny2 #250387 09/21/07 10:39 AM
Oh No! This makes me so sad. Denny, if you're listening, know prayers are coming from all over. Ya gotta get better so you can come play with us all again in SP (and look down my halter top). Gotta love ya. We're all pullin for ya, feel the tug? God Bless ya Babes.

Wyoming Carla #250646 09/25/07 01:06 AM
Debbie (HavinFun) & I went to see Denny yesterday afternoon, not a lot of difference but he did open his right eye again a couple of times so I think he knew we were there. His right hand is no longer restained to an extent but it is now in an inflated large "floatie" for a better explanation. I think it is so he has more freedom with his hand but cannot pull out any tubes, etc. I called his sister today, left a message, she called back, we are playing phone tag. Hoping the hospital is communicating with them & can get further info. Will report back when I know more. frown

Windjammer #250649 09/25/07 04:44 AM
D
D
Windjammer, thanks for the update. You are an angel.

Danny2 #250662 09/25/07 09:06 AM
Yes, indeed, an angel. HA!
ok, ok, she is.
thx for the update. keep good thoughts going for denny.

Page 8 of 14 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 13 14

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 338 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.