Ambergris Caye Caye Caulker HELP! Visitor Center Businesses
BelizeNews.com BelizeSearch.com BelizePhotographs.com Lodging

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#249588 - 09/14/07 11:09 AM Steaks in CC at grocery stores
Wall Diver Offline
Do the grocery stores in Caye Caulker sell american steaks so you can cook your own???

#249593 - 09/14/07 01:46 PM Re: Steaks in CC at grocery stores [Re: Wall Diver]
1izecreemlady Offline
Why would you want to eat American food when you are in Belize? Eat what the locals eat, yummy!

#249595 - 09/14/07 02:11 PM Re: Steaks in CC at grocery stores [Re: 1izecreemlady]
Caye Connect Offline
The grocery stores carry ground beef/steak and generally sell "stew-worthy" quality cuts. If you really can't live without a steak, bring your own filet mignon on ice. My advice is to do without the steak and focus on the fresh lobster, fish, conch, shrimp etc. And when you get tired of eating fresh seafood (as if), chicken is abundant...

#249605 - 09/14/07 03:30 PM Re: Steaks in CC at grocery stores [Re: Caye Connect]
Wall Diver Offline
So what your saying is american beef is not available on Caye Caulker. Is that correct?

#249613 - 09/14/07 03:54 PM Re: Steaks in CC at grocery stores [Re: Wall Diver]
Cooper Offline
Correct, it is not. I do not eat much meat. I do like a good steak on occasion, I was a butcher at Safeway Stores for 15 years. The meat here is too lean, no marbling, tough. However on Sundays for $5.00 you can get a tasty braised,baked t-bone at Auntys, complete with mash potatoes, gravy, sauted onions, carrots, veggie salad and fried rice. Been here for 7 yrs and the only place I have had a good med-rare steak is at The Cozy Corner in Placencia. As far as meat goes stick with pork chops, The Lamb Chops at Hannahs in San Ignacio are the best I have ever had!!!!

#249635 - 09/14/07 05:04 PM Re: Steaks in CC at grocery stores [Re: Cooper]
Sir Isaac Newton Offline
True, true. Lino's has a very good tenderloin that comes in on Wed and Sat (not sure from where). He sells the whole tenderloin for about $25BZ. It's actually really good right so, or you can marinate (lime or papaya) if you want. I grill em', broil em', and ever bake em' whole. Makes good carne asada off the grill!

Check out Lino's when in town Cooper (if you haven't yet).

Cheers!

SIN

#249637 - 09/14/07 05:05 PM Re: Steaks in CC at grocery stores [Re: Sir Isaac Newton]
Sir Isaac Newton Offline
For the most part, stay away from the steaks, is my usualy advice. But once in a while I get a nice suprise by someone who knows how to prepare the lean beef down here.

#249809 - 09/16/07 03:49 AM Re: Steaks in CC at grocery stores [Re: Sir Isaac Newton]
Cooper Offline
WHERE IS LINOS???? What town? Is it the meat shop across the Bakery
in San Pedro?

#249810 - 09/16/07 04:21 AM Re: Steaks in CC at grocery stores [Re: Cooper]
SP Daily Offline
Yes, across the bakery branch in town.

#249841 - 09/16/07 04:14 PM Re: Steaks in CC at grocery stores [Re: SP Daily]
Wall Diver Offline
To many people getting side tracked. The question had nothing to do with San Pedro. The qustion was posted under the heading of CAYE CAULKER... Again are there any grocery stores in Caye Caulker that sell american beef???????????

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >

Links
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
0 registered (), 34 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,675 Registered Members
44 Forums
64,058 Topics
462,302 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 07:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day