Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline
I'm putting this in the chat area so no-one will say I am dissing Ambergris Caye; because I'm not. I have family coming down for Christmas and they are going to fly into Cancun and take the bus to Chetumal. I suggested that they spend a night in Cancun before coming south. I know many people who live here full time vacation in Cancun so am looking for suggestions. They don't need high end and probably don't even need beach front but do deserve NICE. Thanks

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles
ScubaLdy, you might consider Holiday Inn Express on the lagoon side at the entrance to the hotel zone in Cancun. The rooms are nice, they have a pool, continental breakfast is included and the rates are reasonable. Just stayed there last week and it worked perfect, not too close to all the chaos of downtown or the hotel zone and enough to the bus station for the ride to Chetumal.

S
S
Holiday Inn Express sounds like it will work. As we all know Christmas is crazy town in any tourism area, no less Cancun. Most of the properties in Cancun are all-inclusive. The Calinda is a clean Mexican hotel. They have a downtown hotel, close to the bus terminal. I don't have conact info, sorry. Nice, clean, on the round-about. I wouldn't stay there for a week though.

SIN

Check out my site: www.ambergriscayerealestate.net
P
pedro2
pedro2
P
Why Cancun? Why not Playa del Carmen, which makes for a shorter and cheaper journey? I usually stay in a little place not far from the action called "Casa de los Flores" which has a very Spanish feel to it. And it's midway between the two bus stations, so really convenient.

S
S
Playa's a nice option. It could be a little confusing with a bunch of folks for their first time as well.

SIN

Check out my site: www.ambergriscayerealestate.net
P
pedro2
pedro2
P
A bus from the airport direct to Playa costs US$7, and they're quite frequent. Brings you to the bus station right by the ferry terminal for Cozumel. The following morning the 9:30 bus from the other bus station (7 minutes' walk from the hotel I mentioned) takes you direct to Chetumal bus station for US$18. Pre-arrange one of Henry Menzies' cabs, and they'll meet your bus at Chetumal no matter how late it may be and whisk you across the border to Corozal airstrip in time for the 3:30 flight direct to San Pedro. Couldn't be easier.If you want full details I'll PM them.

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 327 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.