Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
S
OP Offline
S
I want to start a business in San Pedro. I got the requirements for a work permit. One of which is a Trade license. The Trade license requires the address where I will conduct business and the rent paid. Are they really suggesting that I rent a building prior to getting my work permit approved? That doesn't make any sense. How have others handled this?

S
S
You can open a business before getting your work permit as long as you are not the employee. You can monitor your invesment and supervise construction. If this doesn't work, make a call to the Town Board. Let them know of your situation and they will advise accordingly.

SIN

Check out my site: www.ambergriscayerealestate.net
S
OP Offline
S
Thanks, but you can't just turn over a new business to an employee. You have to work it awhile yourself to get the kinks out.

S
S
Check with the Town Council, these folks will help you out. You may even want to chat with the Mayoress. Good folks that are eager to help.

SIN

Last edited by Sir Isaac Newton; 09/15/07 07:19 PM.

Check out my site: www.ambergriscayerealestate.net
S
OP Offline
S
Thanks again for your reply. No, I don't have it all figured out, exactly the opposite, that's why I posted the question. What I want to do will require the importation of some equipment. I can't imagine spending a large amount of time and money to start a business, only later to possibly have one of my permits denied. I was hoping somebody would point out that I've misunderstood the process somehow.

Wrong!......as long as you are there 24/7 to oversee the operation you are okay. An employee usually only screws up in the absence of the owner.

I'm happier than a pig in s__t...a foot on the sand...and a Belikin in my hand!
S
S
Im sorry Sin I dont think your correct. One can not work in Belize for money or for free with out a work permit. Being an owner does not give you the right to work nor the ability to direct work on any other than a personnel not for profit building or project. A lot of people are pulled in by this line of bull and a few have lost hard earned money because of it.

You can not work in Belize with out a work permit even if you own the company or part of it.

Advise if you want to work in AC move there buy your own home and stay awhile the rest will fall into place after a year or so.

I read it on the internet so it must be true.
Originally Posted by Scuba-John
Im sorry Sin I dont think your correct. One can not work in Belize for money or for free with out a work permit. Being an owner does not give you the right to work nor the ability to direct work on any other than a personnel not for profit building or project. A lot of people are pulled in by this line of bull and a few have lost hard earned money because of it.

You can not work in Belize with out a work permit even if you own the company or part of it.

Advise if you want to work in AC move there buy your own home and stay awhile the rest will fall into place after a year or so.

So, if I own a business what can I do without a work permit.....can't I supervise it, thereby protecting my investment.

I'm happier than a pig in s__t...a foot on the sand...and a Belikin in my hand!
My best advise is come here and speak to the officials in charge of the process. Much better than "I think you can", go to the proper peopla and ask. Might be the best first investment you make in Belize.

S
S
Remember: The advice on this message board is worth just what you paid for it...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 292 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,029
Members20,468
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.