Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
R
roxane Offline OP
OP Offline
R
I just read on a Mexico chat that you are restricted from bringing more than 3 liters of wine into the country. We are planning on bringing one suitecase filled with "box" wine. Do you know if there are any restrictions getting into Belize?

A
A
Pretty sure there is not a distinction between distilled spirits and wine, that is to say 1 liter per person. There are several places on the island that sell wine, certainly more expensive than Costco or Sams....but hey..it is paradise. Enjoy your trip!

I think Mexico are a little more relaxed than Belize but normally you can bring double the level of Wines than spirit.

A
A
Hi - It is wines or spirits not exceeding one litre in all.

http://www.customs.gov.bz/duty.html

T
T
No need to bring wine.... I spent a good part of my life in the Shannondoah and Napa valley wine areas.....I'm an Italian wine freak!....Like most of my family.

On AC you will fine wines of better quality from all over the world. Beautiful Chilian Cabs for $15 US...Extraordinary Merlots from Australia for $20, unbelievable Shiraz from South Africa for $18. All the whites from Gewurtz to chards and grios price way better. Of course you can also find the expensive versions and most can be tasted. Try the wines you can't get in the states. My favorite place on the island is Wine de Vine. Many of the stores carry their selection....

Last edited by twocanphotogirl; 09/21/07 08:58 AM.

T
T
Now spirts on the island are another story. Unless you are willing to drink the local rums it can get very expensive.

Jack Daniels $140BZD at Island Market ($70US)Plus 10% GST
Grey Goose $115BZD ($58US) Plus the 10%GST

I've learned to love the $5 Barrell Rum....Just like the pirates use to drink.....

Premium Wines, next to Fido's gives a case discount....not bad prices.

I'm happier than a pig in s__t...a foot on the sand...and a Belikin in my hand!
S
S
Why anyone would buy booze from Island Supermarket I'll never know.

Jack shouldn't be anymore than $53US tax in.

R
roxane Offline OP
OP Offline
R
Thank you all for the response. It sounds like we will be going to Premium Wines for the case discount!

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
1 members (JayinOhio), 128 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,029
Members20,468
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.