Ambergris Caye Caye Caulker HELP! Visitor Center Businesses
BelizeNews.com BelizeSearch.com BelizePhotographs.com Lodging

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
R
OP Offline
R
Donna and I are coming to vacation Jan 27- Feb 3 2008. We will be visiting with my Uncle and Aun who have stayed here for 7-8 years to get away from the Vermont winter. What could I catch fishing from a kayak while I am there?? Should I bring my own fishing tackle or can I get quality rental stuff while we are there. We are currently planning open dive certification with Frenchies Dive Center. We are so excited about the trip (can ya tell). Where are the best places to eat to get local food on CC.
Fred

Hey!! I'm not aware of any rental places for fishing gear. perhaps because most people go with a guide and they have everything. What you could catch with a cayak is a lot. What you'll probably catch with bait is mostly snapper, yellow tail, jacks, and stingrays. If you're a fisherman who uses lures and flies you should bring your own stuff. Don't recommend bringing a cayak. There are plenty of good restaurants. Depends on where you're staying. I wouldn't worry too much. Plenty of people will be glad to tell you their favorites and many post have been on that subject already. Try searching a bit. Hope you have a great trip.

Writer claims no authority, worthwhile knowledge of any kind, and didn't make love to that woman.
R
OP Offline
R
We are staying at Costa Maya Beach Cabanas and they told us they have kayaks to use. We are very avid anglers the Wife and I. I have over 40 rods and reels that we use on our boat in Destin Florida. I was thinking about bringing 2 9 wt fly rod combos along with several 15-20# class spinning/baitcaster combos. I have so much terminal/lures I could bring I am just wondering what lures/flies should I bring. My guess is that what works here in Florida should be ok there. But there is always that special got to have make it happen lure or fly

Thanks for responding

Last edited by ReelDuel; 09/26/07 12:20 AM.
K
K
I can't recall his name but Abel- owner of Frenchies- has a buddy with a fly shop next to Costa Maya last spring.

Cheers Dane
C
C
I believe the name of the fishing shop is Angler's Abroad.

C
C
Yes you can rent poles, From Elloy on middle street across the street from Atlantic Bank, $7.00 a day, includes hooks, weights and sardine bait. He is also a great fish guide, his family goes back several generations as guides. my husband has gone out with him for 7 years now, we recently bought us a small boat so we go out fishing on our own now, but since we have stopped going out with Elloy we havnt caught any fish!!!!!!!
You can have great fun on a Kayak, the backside of the island is very calm, you can catch snapper and barracuda. Costa Maya is a good choice to stay, near the split and they are great people, you will have a good time.

LONELY PLANET SAYS TOURIST LOVE OUR ART. BEST PRICES ON ART.

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 337 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day