Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Topic Options
#251408 - 10/01/07 01:49 PM FULL DAY SAIL/SNORKELING ANYONE?
h20lover Offline
We arrive on Saturday and are interested in going out one day (10/8, 10/9 or 10/10) with Searious Adventures. However, we have to have at least 6 people to go out for the day. Anyone interested?

Full Day North to Mexico Rocks

Escape to the northern side of Ambergris Caye. Enjoy a full day of sailing while stopping at our preferred snorkel stops “Habaneros”, “Mexico Rocks” and “Mata Granda Ship Wreck”. Mid day enjoy a feast of local barbeque prepared and cooked for you. Enjoy the tranquility and peacefulness of the less inhabited side.

9:00 – 4:30
Cost: $75US per person
Tour Includes: Lunch, full refreshments & Snacks

Edited by h20lover (10/01/07 02:46 PM)

#251603 - 10/03/07 02:14 AM Re: FULL DAY SAIL/SNORKELING ANYONE? [Re: h20lover]
CanBrit Offline
Sorry, not there until 18th...but...if their saying that there is no way they will do this without 6..IN LOW SEASON? they don't want your buisness. Go else where. This attitude is too prevalent with many companies world wide. They either want my money or don't...if not they just lost a customer for life. Incidentally, you notice they never say ..4 is fine if you pay extra which.. wouldn't be a problem. They don't, October is down time, fill a boat or not interested.

Try Patojo's Scuba Center, they were much more cooperative to low season season requests.

#251613 - 10/03/07 10:16 AM Re: FULL DAY SAIL/SNORKELING ANYONE? [Re: CanBrit]
SimonB Offline
C'mon CanBrit, be fair Searious has a break-even point on their business. It's low season and I'm sure they would love to have the business but I'm sure they also don't want to lose money at a time when it's needed. It's very expensive to run and maintain a boat, especially a sailboat where parts are almost non-existent. Fuel (if there is no wind) and staff also have to be paid for.

While they may not say in the description that you can have the boat if you pay for the additional spots you can. In fact you can charter the boat for only 1 person if you wish.

#251616 - 10/03/07 10:23 AM Re: FULL DAY SAIL/SNORKELING ANYONE? [Re: SimonB]
elbert Offline
I send boats out for my bussiness and quite often the difference between 3 and 4 people on the boat means profit or loss.
but your right Canbrit why not say what it cost for 4 instead of, 'No we can't go with that #'. I noticed that response is prevelant.
The Dive Shops Daily Blog

#251627 - 10/03/07 01:20 PM Re: FULL DAY SAIL/SNORKELING ANYONE? [Re: elbert]
h20lover Offline
Thanks for the suggestions. Does Patojo's Scuba Center operate a sailboat? I know we can always find someone to take us out snorkeling, but I really want to go sailing up north for the day. We missed out last trip. We thought we were all set to go and were told the day before they did not have enough people so they cancelled. I was trying to avoid this happening to us this trip.

#251632 - 10/03/07 01:58 PM Re: FULL DAY SAIL/SNORKELING ANYONE? [Re: h20lover]
SimonB Offline
Patojos only runs dive boats. Unity Tours http://www.belize1.com/unitytours/index.html, El Gato http://ambergriscaye.com/elgato/ and Seaduced http://ambergriscaye.com/seaduced/ all run sailing trips.

Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker

TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lil’ Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31
Who's Online
0 registered (), 33 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,632 Registered Members
44 Forums
63,705 Topics
461,224 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 02:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.