Ambergris Caye Caye Caulker HELP! Visitor Center Businesses
BelizeNews.com BelizeSearch.com BelizePhotographs.com Lodging

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#251959 - 10/05/07 06:27 PM Knee surgery
Bartender Adrian Offline
To all my friends in the universe.
My Name is Adrian Rogers. I am urgently in need of a long overdue knee surgery as I am suffering increasing pain. The cost of this surgery is $12,745.00bz. During the recovery time, I will be unable to work for 6 weeks, possibly more. As I have family of 6, the cost to maintain them and pay for the surgery is prohibitive for me. I am asking you for any assistance you may be able to offer. For more info you can email me at adrianrogers31@hotmail.com or stop by at Cayeboard Connection on Caye Caulker.

#252315 - 10/09/07 02:53 PM Re: Knee surgery [Re: Bartender Adrian]
lucky notion Offline
I just want to say,I know Adrian and his request is real and honorable.During my last trip to Caye Caulker I got to meet Adrian and his family and after leaving I felt I had met a real friend and will be back to visit very soon.I'm going to help, if you can, please do!

#252321 - 10/09/07 03:25 PM Re: Knee surgery [Re: lucky notion]
Pedro1 Offline
Reading this I feel sorry for Adrian,whom I do not know,but having a family of six is not very wise when you cannot look after them-I believe his friends should help him-he should have savings-

#252351 - 10/09/07 07:00 PM Re: Knee surgery [Re: Pedro1]
Amanda Syme Offline
Does social security help with the surgery costs? It does pay for time when you are unable to work. Provided you and your boss are registered and paying into the system. If not you can consider asking your boss to pay for your surgery and you can pay him/her back over time.

I am fairly certain that your employer is required by law to pay into the social security system, precisely for these types of emergency situations. If your employer hasn't been paying into the system then the labour department can compel your boss to help you out.

#252352 - 10/09/07 07:11 PM Re: Knee surgery [Re: Amanda Syme]
dabunk Offline
SS only pays benefits after 7 work days missed. They do not help with medical bills, that is what NHI is supposed to do.

#252463 - 10/10/07 06:42 PM Re: Knee surgery [Re: dabunk]
Cooper Offline
Its my understanding from talking to the Ministry of Health that the NHI is not in effect yet. They are only just registering people, at this time they will register anyone with a social security card. Even if you are not a resident of Belize. You only need a work permit to get a card. They have no information on when (if) this National Insurance will go into place,

#252466 - 10/10/07 07:02 PM Re: Knee surgery [Re: dabunk]
Amanda Syme Offline
Originally Posted By: dabunk
SS only pays benefits after 7 work days missed. They do not help with medical bills, that is what NHI is supposed to do.

If my employees come in with a doctor's note and I as the employer fill it in confirming time missed from work, I have had employees claim for less than a week. However this is from memories of quite a few years ago, but I don't think its changed.

I read that NHI is signing up people but I thought it was to go into effect in the cayes starting september 1st.

Social security contributions amount to 8% of an employees salary - one would expect that this forced insurance plan would actually work when required.

#252470 - 10/10/07 07:27 PM Re: Knee surgery [Re: Amanda Syme]
dabunk Offline
As I said what NHI is "supposed" to do. They opened a brand new NHI clinic here in PG and it is excellent what they are doing compared to what was available before. But if it is still funded and there after the election will be seen.

#252516 - 10/11/07 03:11 AM Re: Knee surgery [Re: dabunk]
Cooper Offline
Have they actually issued cards in PG, no cards on Caye Caulker and none of the facilities in B.C. that are suppose to accept NHI have done so yet? This was info from last week.

#252517 - 10/11/07 03:33 AM Re: Knee surgery [Re: Cooper]
dabunk Offline
No cards yet, just a new clinic to take care of basic needs. Previously basic needs in PG hospital was take your life in your hand type of affair.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Links
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
0 registered (), 38 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,676 Registered Members
44 Forums
64,079 Topics
462,376 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 07:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day