Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#251959 10/05/07 12:27 PM
B
OP Offline
B
To all my friends in the universe.
My Name is Adrian Rogers. I am urgently in need of a long overdue knee surgery as I am suffering increasing pain. The cost of this surgery is $12,745.00bz. During the recovery time, I will be unable to work for 6 weeks, possibly more. As I have family of 6, the cost to maintain them and pay for the surgery is prohibitive for me. I am asking you for any assistance you may be able to offer. For more info you can email me at [email protected] or stop by at Cayeboard Connection on Caye Caulker.

L
L
I just want to say,I know Adrian and his request is real and honorable.During my last trip to Caye Caulker I got to meet Adrian and his family and after leaving I felt I had met a real friend and will be back to visit very soon.I'm going to help, if you can, please do!

Reading this I feel sorry for Adrian,whom I do not know,but having a family of six is not very wise when you cannot look after them-I believe his friends should help him-he should have savings-

Pedro1 #252351 10/09/07 01:00 PM
Does social security help with the surgery costs? It does pay for time when you are unable to work. Provided you and your boss are registered and paying into the system. If not you can consider asking your boss to pay for your surgery and you can pay him/her back over time.

I am fairly certain that your employer is required by law to pay into the social security system, precisely for these types of emergency situations. If your employer hasn't been paying into the system then the labour department can compel your boss to help you out.

SS only pays benefits after 7 work days missed. They do not help with medical bills, that is what NHI is supposed to do.

dabunk #252463 10/10/07 12:42 PM
C
C
Its my understanding from talking to the Ministry of Health that the NHI is not in effect yet. They are only just registering people, at this time they will register anyone with a social security card. Even if you are not a resident of Belize. You only need a work permit to get a card. They have no information on when (if) this National Insurance will go into place,

LONELY PLANET SAYS TOURIST LOVE OUR ART. BEST PRICES ON ART.
dabunk #252466 10/10/07 01:02 PM
Originally Posted by dabunk
SS only pays benefits after 7 work days missed. They do not help with medical bills, that is what NHI is supposed to do.

If my employees come in with a doctor's note and I as the employer fill it in confirming time missed from work, I have had employees claim for less than a week. However this is from memories of quite a few years ago, but I don't think its changed.

I read that NHI is signing up people but I thought it was to go into effect in the cayes starting september 1st.

Social security contributions amount to 8% of an employees salary - one would expect that this forced insurance plan would actually work when required.

As I said what NHI is "supposed" to do. They opened a brand new NHI clinic here in PG and it is excellent what they are doing compared to what was available before. But if it is still funded and there after the election will be seen.

dabunk #252516 10/10/07 09:11 PM
C
C
Have they actually issued cards in PG, no cards on Caye Caulker and none of the facilities in B.C. that are suppose to accept NHI have done so yet? This was info from last week.

LONELY PLANET SAYS TOURIST LOVE OUR ART. BEST PRICES ON ART.
Cooper #252517 10/10/07 09:33 PM
No cards yet, just a new clinic to take care of basic needs. Previously basic needs in PG hospital was take your life in your hand type of affair.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 327 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day