Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#252354 10/09/07 01:41 PM
T
thadams Offline OP
OP Offline
T
Wow. What a friendly group! I've been lurking here for months as we've been planning our first trip to Belize and AC. Thanks for all of the handy information; you've already helped us immeasurably.

We'll be traveling with our 8 month old infant at the end of the month, arriving by air into San Pedro. Once we land, we're planning on taking a taxi to the hotel, Xanadu. Is there any need (or requirement) to bring a infant car seat for the very few taxi rides that we'll be making?

Troy

P
P
Hi most people hear just hold their kids I know this sounds foriegn to most north americans. You really don't need to have a car seat unless of course you are using it for the plane. There are no car seat laws.

Troy:
Xanadu is only 1.5 miles south of the SP Airport. the Taxi ride will now be much smoother as the road has been Paved since my last stay there.The cabs are in the Minivan Variety and you should be fine sitting in the back with your child in your lap.

When will you be at Xanadu? The wife and I and a friend will be there on the 10th of Nov. If our times overlap, stop by for a cool one. Unit #6 is where you will find us hanging out.

Never Use money to measure wealth
T
thadams Offline OP
OP Offline
T
Bill - Thanks for the invite! Unfortunately, we'll be there from Oct 27 - Nov 3. Maybe next time.

I don't remember ever seeing a seat belt in one of those taxis? No way to secure the car seat?

You probably don't need a car seat. Most of the locals put their kids on the front of their bikes! My husband won't let me try it, though. Hahaha..... One more thing. I hope you got a passport for the little one. I ran into a girl on our 3rd trip down that didn't get a passport for her 6 month old and she got stuck in IAH for a couple of days....Hope you enjoy the island as much as the rest of us do....

Oh, EJR, excellent advice! Amazing how many people don't even think this is necessary!!

I can never remember which is better . . . safe? . . . or sorry?
T
thadams Offline OP
OP Offline
T
Thanks for the heads-up on the passport. We did get her a passport a few months ago, during the spring/summer passport scramble where everyone suddenly realized that they needed one to travel to the Caribbean. Luckily, we've been traveling down there for years now and were staying up on the news. I do find it humorous that the photo she had taken at 4 months old will be good until she is 5 years old! Should make for some interesting immigration stories at some point down the line.

No worries Troy. Our next trip will be in February 2008.
There are many many posters on this board that visit at all times of the year. Just post when you decide to return to " Isle Bonita" and I'm sure someone will be happy to share a Cold one with you. Enjoy Paradise! I hope to meet you at some time or another.

Never Use money to measure wealth
R
R
I will be traveling to San Pedro in December with my 6 month old daughter - her pediatrician has recommended (as does the CDC) to take anti-malaria medication prior to our vacation. Wondering what the risk of contracting malaria is on Ambergris Caye. I don't feel comfortable giving my 6 month old the medication.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 146 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,028
Members20,468
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.