Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Topic Options
#25241 - 09/02/00 09:47 AM Carrying food & alcohol?
Chloe Offline
This is a real question, why do people feel the need to carry food and alcohol with them on a vacation?
Dare To Deviate

#25242 - 09/02/00 10:14 AM Re: Carrying food & alcohol?
SP Daily Offline
They're going off into the unknown and it's a security blanket for them.

#25243 - 09/02/00 10:18 AM Re: Carrying food & alcohol?
the food and alcohol ther worked okay for us!

#25244 - 09/02/00 01:11 PM Re: Carrying food & alcohol?
Belize Mama Offline
If you have never been to a third world country before, you have this picture of poor starving people with nothing. Once they have visited, they see what it is really like. They just want to make sure they have "the essentials" for their happy vacation. After one visit, they realize it is really pretty civilized after all.
My daughter lives in Italy (Tuscany to be exact). She has me send her things like peanut butter, Kool-aid, brown sugar, beef jerky, and (now don't laugh TOO hard) Kraft Macaroni and Cheese (in the blue box)...lol. My grandson missed that a lot at first. Now he hardly eats it anymore. There are just certain things that you can't get there. If you grew up here and are used to them, it is a big deal. I had a rather odd image of Italy before I went there myself. As far as Belize goes, I can't remember what I expected on my first visit but whatever it was, I fell in love with the place and the people.

#25245 - 09/02/00 01:41 PM Re: Carrying food & alcohol?
i can almost always make due with local food, but i travel without my family. if i had the kids would choose a condo, maybe bring that mac n cheese (my son's favorite too). but i do bring my own medicines for any possible ailment as they are expensive there. i was the savior at JE when a friend got the flu (tylenol & advil, plus had sinus stuff), pepto & immodium, neosporen & bandaids for cuts and fin blisters, not to mention the bug bite stuff. used every one! f always laughs at my packing but he's always happy i have our conveniences.

#25246 - 09/02/00 01:56 PM Re: Carrying food & alcohol?
Chloe Offline
Belize Mama, I understand those care packages, we use to ask for things from Chicago when moved to S. Texas. Now we have everything. Send them the Kraft Velveeta shells and cheese, my grandson turned me onto them. You know we southern people use velveeta on everything. LOL
Dare To Deviate

#25247 - 09/02/00 11:17 PM Re: Carrying food & alcohol?
Chloe Offline
Jesse, you are so right, I never gave that a thought, (security in the unknown). Thanks
Dare To Deviate

Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker

TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31
Who's Online
3 registered (Marty, 2 invisible), 36 Guests and 10 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,631 Registered Members
44 Forums
63,681 Topics
461,174 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 02:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.