Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#251629 10/03/07 12:43 PM
6string Offline OP
OP Offline
Hey, its been awhile. We're planning on our return to SP in March again, and wondered if anyone can tell us more about Rubys? We stayed at Seven Seas last year, loved it but wanna be more in the heart of SP. I've been told the upper levels of Rubys is good, not so noisy in the wee hours? That's about all we require is to be able to sleep from sometime after midnite till an hour or so past sunrise. Will Rubys do?

Also, anyone know if pelliguino wine is still there? Great people, and good wines. Hi to everyone we met and we will see you all again soon! Look for us at BC's!

M. Sjulstad
M&M Trivia - JAMPT UP Band
&nbsp 6string,
I stayed at Ruby's a couple of months ago. There's a concrete "new section" of the hotel that stays quiet, no matter what. It's a few bucks more than the rooms in the old, wooden structure, but the rooms have their own patios fronting the beach and the experience is worth the extra money. From my own experience, the rooms at the back are subject to street noise, no matter if you're in the penthouse or on the ground floor.

&nbsp &nbsp Dan

"Facts are the enemy of Truth"
Don Quixote
6string Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks Dan... I'll check into those rooms... So you are saying that it was comfortable sleeping? That's really all we need, we never spent anytime inside anyway, so why spend $$ on a luxery room, when you're not there! A good mattress, a nice breeze and a bit of quiet for 5-6 hours... thats good enough.

Mike

M. Sjulstad
Stayed in the wooden section in high season at Ruby's. Clean, simple, cheap -- good front desk people. Just the basics, worked for us. Noise was not that bad.

I will have a Belikin -- put it on klcman's tab.
LOL @ Otter! I see you've got the countdown for Feb. going!!! Ruby's is nice for the price... no frills, but I'll warn you not to stay in the room behind the bakery on the bottom floor... no sleep for the weary. But like Otter said, it's clean, great front desk people and you can't beat the location of it!

Take the road less traveled
yeah -- we were better off on the second floor Spurs -- I could imaging the first floor may be a little loud.

Just booked Ruby's again for February!! Where you staying Spurs?

I will have a Belikin -- put it on klcman's tab.
Probably at the Taco Shack! Right down the street from Ruby's! Speaking of which, Johnny Cakes here I come!!!!!!! laugh

Take the road less traveled
&nbsp 6string,
it was comfortable to sleep. Also,the front patio is a nice place to catch an afternoon breeze while watching the waves and strollers.

&nbsp &nbsp Dan

Originally Posted by 6string
Thanks Dan... I'll check into those rooms... So you are saying that it was comfortable sleeping? That's really all we need, we never spent anytime inside anyway, so why spend $$ on a luxery room, when you're not there! A good mattress, a nice breeze and a bit of quiet for 5-6 hours... thats good enough.

Mike

&nbsp

"Facts are the enemy of Truth"
Don Quixote
6string Offline OP
OP Offline
Well... we booked Ruby's!! The only thing we also need now, is a small cooler when we're there since they have no fridges, but that can't be too hard to find, right? March 19th!! Can't wait to get back to the beach and BC's and El patio, and... well everything!

M. Sjulstad

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 261 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.