Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
T
OP Offline
T
I am the director of a project called "Bookbag Santa" that is trying to bring free school supplies to Holy Cross Anglican School in San Pedro next summer ( the slow season July/August 2008). We will have up to 20 people, but can only come to Ambergris if a hotel or resort is willing to offer discount rooms in the $30- $40BZ price range for a double. This is the price we get for rooms at our base hotel in Placencia, and when I talk to groups about coming on the trip, this is what seems to attract volunteers. If any hotels would like to support Holy Cross and bring in customers during the off-season, please contact me at: [email protected] . Also- if any tour/dive operators would like to step up with a discount rate, I may be able to send you some business, too.
Thanks-
Gary
Bookbag Santa
[Linked Image]
xroadsmusic.com turtle-guy@att.net

If you support all schools I will happily offer discounted rates but if it it is just for the Holy Cross School-no chance

Wow, Something Pedro said I agree with??? What's next an Ambergris Caye Ice Hockey team?

B
B
I'm confused...you guys don't like that school? You don't like school supplies? What's the issue?

//ambergriscaye.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/ubb/showflat/Number/235547/
//ambergriscaye.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/ubb/showflat/Number/238073/
//ambergriscaye.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/ubb/showflat/Number/238273/

Live and let live
A
A
I will not attempt to speak for anyone and this is just my opinion. It is woderful for people to support the school system on AC but it should be just that..."the school system". I am sure that no one has anything against Holy Cross however all of the schools in San Pedro need help and for one school to be consistently singled out above others leaves the remaining schools in a situation where they cannot provide the same services possibly leaving the other kids feeling undeserving. I don't think that anyone wants that and I don't think it is the proper thing to do.

Something about this really stinks to me, sounds like cheap vacation time on Ambergris. Why not just send the money they would spend on airline tickets, housing and food and let the school buy the stuff here?

Originally Posted by dabunk
Something about this really stinks to me, sounds like cheap vacation time on Ambergris. Why not just send the money they would spend on airline tickets, housing and food and let the school buy the stuff here?

You nailed it dabunk.

Lets see Hmm! I bring down $100 worth of school supplies, I get discount everything and a hotel for $15, geeeze thats a tuff choice.

Never Use money to measure wealth
C
C
Wow I din't know how you can pass a ( cough ) deal like that up!

We see so many mission trips like this come down, stay at the Biltmore and then go home and tell everyone how they came and "suffered for Jesus" in Belize. What carp! I am a missionary here and hate to tell people that because of all the scammers we see.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 303 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.