Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Aha, now the story sounds more credible. I've never seen somebody pass the test AND get their physuical license on the same day. Just roll with the punches and you will prevail.

"women's purposes" . .but of course, for hanging women's purses. wink

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

...the two main issues for a drivers license are 1. a place to park off the street and 2. understanding which street has priority over which at the circle in Belize City...this issue does not seem so important if one only drives a golf cart in San Pedro, but it is a Belize Drivers License. Amanda: Very sorry to hear your parents are having difficulties here in the states...obviously, they represent a threat to take back its colony wink.

Last edited by Bill Thornton; 10/28/07 02:38 AM.

Gone fishing!!
Since I am old enough to have taken MANY written driving tests I thought I could ace this one. The guy asked if I wanted time to study and I said no. That was the strangest test I had ever seen.
I loved the question "What type of vehicle is allowed to park in a space marked "Taxi parking only?"
When he took it to grade he didn't even pick up a pencil. Just s-l-o-w-l-y scanned it, tossed it aside and said "You did not pass."
When I asked him when I could take it again he said tomorrow and gave me two sheets of typed out pages to study.
When I came back in I had the sheet and he did not even take them from me. I could have sat and copied the answers, but fortunately I didn't need to. After he scanned it, and I still had missed a couple, he tossed it in a basket and said OK - you pass.
I stood and waited and finally said, so when do I get my license. The answer was that the guy that typed them up wasn't in and I would have to come back.
When I cam back several days later it was typed up but not signed. You guessed it; the guy who neededto sign it wasn't in.
When I came back and it was singed and I tried to pay them they did not have change and I had to walk to the bank.
I love it when I go to the states and rent a car and provide them my Belize Drivers License.
As Loan-Sum Al says - It gives us something to do - and something to talk about

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles
Harriette: Obviously they wanted to see you as many times as possible. Bill

Gone fishing!!
S
S
Renewed the golf cart registration this morning, total time including travel - 1 hour.

Originally Posted by LOANSUM - AL K.
grin Well I made the journey, and I do mean journey, down to the Traffic Dept to take my drivers license "test".....I passed and was issued my license right on the spot. Now I have to take a copy of it back down to them to get my golf cart permit....a real revolving door.....oh well it give me something to do. grin

Wow !!! I am a non-resident who owns property on A.C. and I am not presently in Belize and furthermore, my property has no roads running by it and hence no address. Would it be possible for me loansum to get a drivers license if I came to Belize? How is your situation similar or different? Give me your best shot. Thanks, EL-777

OP Offline
EL-777, You will not have a problem. I have a condo in the Boca Del Rio area.....it doesn't have a real address.....on my driver's license they just put "San Pedro Town" for my address. Of course there is no need for you to have a Belize license unless you need a golf cart permit.

I'm happier than a pig in s__t...a foot on the sand...and a Belikin in my hand!
Got my Belize drivers lic. last week - only took 6 trips. Plus my husband went back to the house to get the copy of the rules, which HAD to be turned back in.
After all that they hand me my drivers lic and said I would have to come back with a copy of it to put in with my golf cart permit application. Another trip for a copy, only to hear "now you know that the $50 application fee is non refundable". What can you do? And that is what I said.
I think it is the Gringo test to see just what kind of stuff you are made of.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.
OP Offline
indygal, you are so right on with the "Gringo test" thing. Those guys down at the traffic department enjoy every minute of their little power trips!

I'm happier than a pig in s__t...a foot on the sand...and a Belikin in my hand!
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 319 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.