Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#253016 10/15/07 05:31 PM
OP Offline
It was another great trip and we always meet the nicest people. Here are some highlights of our trip which was way to short.

Mata Rocks- Again, an excellent stay and the staff is the best!
Cholo's- Golf Cart Rental "NO PROBLEM"
Lagniappe Provisioning-Had Simon bring us beverages and stuff to make breakfast, well worth it to have everything there when you arrive.
Fido's South-Kelly McQuire concert. Meet up with Laurie and Paul aka Tacogirl and Tacoboy. Enjoyed the concert, had a little rain and lots of cheap drinks. Disappointed in the BBQ Pork plate it was $16.00 US. Great for drinks!
Chuck and Robbie's Ambergris Diving- Discover Scuba, you name it we saw it at Hol Chan and Robbie has the patience's of a Saint!
Waraguma- Great Chicken Burrito's. ($13 us for two huge burritos and two bottled waters)
Carumbas - Good food. We had Conch Cerviche, Hubby had the special of the day which was a seafood quesadilla and I had a lobster burrito. We each had a couple of cocktails and it was around $55.00 us with tip.
Pedro's Inn- Joined the Wii bowling league and had some of the best pizza ever. Fun place! Thanks for the invite from Laurie to meet up with them.
Portofino-Good to Fair. Let's start by saying this was going to be our big night out, as we were going to celebrate our anniversary. We were to meet the boat at Fido's dock and the Boat Capitan was late and we were not in the boat 2 minutes when it began to pour down rain, the Capitan stopped the boat and pulled out a dirty blue tarp and told us to sit on it and pull it over us, well let's just say I was soaked and had what looked liked paint chips stuck all over my arms by the time we got there. We also had to stop for about 10 mins because it was raining so hard the Capitan could not see.(I was hoping he was going to turn arond and head back) They did give us towels when we arrived! So that kind of set the tone for our big night out. Sitting in soaking wet clothes eating dinner and knowing that you had to get back on the boat in the pouring rain did not make for a great dining experience. I also felt like they could not wait for us to leave as we were the last diners of the night. To end our evening we had to wait with the staff for 30 mins until the boat Capitan showed up to give us a ride back. But, they did give us trash bags to put on for our ride back into town!
Palapa Bar- Went to see Kelly McQuire again on Tuesday night. Scott and Jodie are excellent hosts! A must visit just for the view and a good time was had by all! We had the sausage dip which we loved and I had the fish taco's which were just ok. Hubby said the pulled pork sandwich was good, little pricey ( $8 us) as all you get is the sandwich and you have to pay extra ($2 us) if you want beans or coleslaw with it. Jodie had given us the name of a personal water taxi driver, Dave and he was excellent. We called and asked him to pick us up a 4:00 at our dock and he was there on time. Jodie called him when we were ready to leave and he showed up 10 mins later. Will definitely keep his card for our next visit!
Jambel's Jerk Pit-Can not get enough of this stuff. If you love spicy then this is the place for you. Highly recommend the Family platter, Jerk Lobster and wings. Oh, and lots of Red Stripe!
Searious Adventures-Full day sail to Mexico Rocks. First class service all the way. Being off season there was only four of us and it was like having our own private charter. Staff, snorkeling and food were all excellent. Would highly recommend going out with them for the day!
Cavetubing.com-We meet some friends on Thurs when their Cruise ship stopped in Belize City and went with these guys for the day. Another great experience and it was only $45 us per person. I cannot say enough about the service we received from these guys. They even had a friend of theirs take us back to the airport for our flight to San Pedro. He even waited to make sure we could get on the next flight. Top notch!!

Great review.. Thanks for posting prices!

I can't wait to go back.

Support Ambergris Caye Emergency Rescue
The life we are trying to save may be a loved one of yours
S
S
Thanks for the report. I love to hear about the places we didn't get to and will definately try next time.

h20lover! You met with some of my very favorite people!! I keep hearing about Jambel's - need to try it!

As for Portofino's, sucks about the weather. I can see how that would really damper your evening. I have been to Portofino's for lunch in the daytime and I can tell you that it's a really great place to have BBQ lunch and hang out around the property. I found the atmosphere really top notch when I was there. Hope you'll give it another shot.

Thanks for posting your report!

fun report - thanks! smile

TQ - I'll take ya to dinner at Jambel's! laugh

I can never remember which is better . . . safe? . . . or sorry?
Sure, like I don't wanna go, too!! cry

When you find a big kettle of crazy, it's best not to stir it.
Leah-Ann, I keep hearing about Casa Picasso - need to try it!. Just thought you should know wink .

Awe... sweet Leah Ann! smile I'm not paying for Casa Picasso but I hear Ruby's for breakfast is superb! I'll take you... and KC and 2miles! :P

2miles, I'd love to accompany you and Ms. 2miles to Casa Picasso - you know that's my absolute favorite! Thanks so much for the invitation!!! whistle

KC, TQ and I will catch up w/ you for breakfast - sometimes we just gotta have some girl time! wink

I can never remember which is better . . . safe? . . . or sorry?
Girl time is nice!! I'll admit my perspective is different, though. grin

When you find a big kettle of crazy, it's best not to stir it.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 329 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.