Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Short Offline OP
OP Offline
Maruba Receives Top Boutique Resort Award

Belize City, Tuesday, October 16, 2007 - Susse Ellis, president of The Spa Experience has notified Belize's most unique and innovative resort, Maruba, located two miles outside Maskall Village on the Old Northern Highway that it has been selected as the "Best Boutique Spa (25 Rooms or Fewer)" in their 2007 Spa Finder Readers' Choice Awards.

[Linked Image]
Costa Maya contestants at Maruba

Ms. Ellis wrote, "Based on thousands of votes submitted by discerning spa-goers around the world, your award represents a true honor and achievement for your spa. With a surge in international voting and nearly twice as many votes overall this year versus a year ago, this year's awards are an especially meaningful validation of the Maruba Resort Jungle Spa spa experience."

The award presentation ceremonies will take place during an invitation-only gala at New York's Vanderbilt Hall, Grand Central Station on November 1st, 2007 from 6 - 8 pm, as part of The Spa Experience 2007, a public sampling of 60+ elite spas from around the globe.

The Readers' Choice Awards over the five years of their existence has steadily grown in both popularity and prestige. Reader response and spa participation have made the Readers' Choice the industry's premier award program. It is the spa world's answer to the Academy Awards.

Ms. Ellis concluded her notification letter by writing, "� let me extend our warmest congratulations from Pete, myself and everyone here at Spa Finder for your well-deserved award. The most experienced, sophisticated spa-goers in the world have named your spa one of the very favorites - and we couldn't agree more."

With topnotch, classy resorts like Maruba, Belize is becoming a striking destination in the tourism industry internationally.

http://belizetimes.biz/content/view/509/9/

Live and let live
We have stayed there and love it! A very unique experience that we will do again.

I'm happier than a pig in s__t...a foot on the sand...and a Belikin in my hand!
Gets very mixed reviews.

Stayed there, loved it, didn't have one bug bite, food was amazing, the whole adventure was wonderful. Will do it again if the opportunity presents itself.

Live so that when you arise in the A.M, Satan shudders & says..
'Oh sh t..she's awake!'
We did a day trip there a couple of years ago, my wife and the other ladies loved it.

Barbara is right - the reviews are very mixed. A friend and I went there as part of a day trip. It was probably the only inauthentic experience I've ever had in Belize. The food was slow in coming, expensive and horrible (nachos w/ salsa from a jar: US $18!!), the rooms and decor in general were kitschy, the swimming pool was growing green stuff and the mud used in our mud massage is imported from somewhere in the US. Guess it depends on what you're looking for.

I can never remember which is better . . . safe? . . . or sorry?
Too bad you had such a crummy experience, Leah-Ann. You must not have been there on a good day. Our food was fantastic, the help was immediate. We rode horses, played with the monkeys, swam in a beautiful, clean, refreshing pool. Of course, being there with someone you love will make it a good experience, no matter what. We had a lovely room, a little bit wild, but very nice. They came in before we retired to light an incense that I'm sure helped in keeping the bugs away. It was a wonderful aroma that was relaxing and calming. Wonder if we just managed to get there on a "good" day? In any event, I'm glad we did it, and would jump at a chance to do it again.

Live so that when you arise in the A.M, Satan shudders & says..
'Oh sh t..she's awake!'
M
M
Maruba's has a high customer satisfaction rate based upon customer insight cards, and the amount of repeat business. It was unfortunate your experience did not meet your expectations and that maybe due your to "whatever". a guide, a waiter, misperceptions in your part by statements pertaining to the cost of nacho's which is 15 belize plus tax not 18 u.s., mud used in spa which comes from a quarry on the maruba property, and most of the staff don't know where it comes from or how it is processed as part of the "trade secret"
If you can't say something nice, say it on the internet." even better yet in a customer based business let the management know. We welcome your input. For more info on Maruba Resort Jungle Spa, visit our website www.maruba-spa.com or come and visit the resort at 40 1/2 Miles Old Northern Highway, Maskall Village, Belize on an Altun Ha Tour.

We were there in September of '05. In all fairness it was slow season and I don't believe there were any guests at the property. But what I reported was what we experienced - and we DID speak to management. Perhaps the management has changed? As for the mud, when I inquired of the lovely young lady who did my treatment she laughed and told me that they were supposed to tell the customers that the mud was from Belize but it was really from the US. Don't know why she would make up a story like that.

Sun&Sand, how wonderful for you that you had a wonderful experience. And how thoughtful of you to suggest my experience might have been more of a "good experience" had I but gone with different company. Our tastes seem to be dissimilar in most areas, so perhaps we just look for different things.

Like everything else, people will have to judge for themselves whether Maruba is for them.

I can never remember which is better . . . safe? . . . or sorry?
I thought my meal was good. The lobby bar area was very cool. The services I received were way over-rated and over-priced. The pool needed cleaning but it was pretty. I was completely bug bit but then I'd forgotten my spray.

There won't be a high 'return' customer rating from me.

Last edited by seashell; 10/25/07 08:44 PM.

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 353 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.