Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Topic Options
#25425 - 09/05/00 07:04 PM TRIP REPORT
PAUL T Offline
My wife and I just got back from AC a couple of days ago after 7 days of pure heaven. Before I say anything else about our trip.
I must admit the most important thing that both marked us were the people themselves. They are so nice, so cordial and happy-go-lucky that it made our trip ever so
worth it. This is probably the thing that we'll remember the most about Belize/AC

We stayed at the Paradise Villas in San Pedro which are located practically in town. The condos were nice. Well equiped kitchens, of which we never cooked in, other then making coffee in the morning and keeping cold beer in the fridge. The bedroom had air conditioning, which really sufficed, it managed to keep the whole condo cool. We even turned it off at night because it was too cold. The grounds and the pool are very well kept and are very nice. The staff was marvelous, Marky, the manager was at our bec and call at all times.

The first day there we just relaxed. It took awhile to sink in that we were actually there after 4 months of planning and reading this board every day. I thought the time would never come.

Our first outing was the catamaran boat day trip that took us to Hol Chan marine reserve for some snorkeling, Caye Caulker for lunch and site-seeing and Shark Alley for some more snorkeling. This trip was absolutely awesome, Hustler Tours are great and their guides are fantastic. I highly recommed the catamaran boat trip. We also did
Altun Ha with them as well which was equally fantastic. Bought some wood carvings in Bomba, this is a great place to buy these local wood carvings, they are a lot cheaper then if you bought them in San Pedro. The
Marumba resort stop after visiting the Mayan ruins was a welcome stop. We ate a great lunch, after which my wife insisted on an aromatic massage by the resort masseuse, this was just of the many services along with seaweed wraps and mud baths that they offered at the resort.

The rest of the time was dedicated to exploring the island on bicycles, which we found a lot more interesting then renting golf carts. If you don't mind the exercise the bikes are a great and inexpensive way to get around. The north of the island was beautiful and isolated. I've probalby missed some stuff but my lunch hour is almost over with and I need to get back to work.

One thing for sure, We definitely will return to Ambergris Caye. This was the best vacation I've had in my life. Although I lived and travelled a lot in Southwern France and Europe, Tahiti as well. Belize is the best. ( for me at least )

#25426 - 09/05/00 07:09 PM Re: TRIP REPORT
Sandshaker Offline
I love to hear glowing reports like this!
It brings back memories of my first trip here as a tourist...and enforces all the reasons why I moved here.
It really is paradise!
Thanks for the report!

#25427 - 09/05/00 07:34 PM Re: TRIP REPORT
Chloe Offline
Another Thrilled Happy Vistor. Thanks for your great report, reminds me too of my visits.

#25428 - 09/05/00 10:13 PM Re: TRIP REPORT
Marty Offline
Hey Paul, thanks for sharing!
Marty

#25429 - 09/05/00 11:06 PM Re: TRIP REPORT
Debbie Offline
Paul,
Glad you like Paradise Villas as much as we did!!!! We have no problem with staying there again. Wished I knew you were staying there, I would have told you to tell Marki Hi for me. Brought her some stuff from stateside and we email occaisonally. Glad you had a good time.

#25430 - 09/06/00 01:55 PM Re: TRIP REPORT
Jenn Offline
Thanks for the great report! I do love hearing glowing reports when people come back. It's great when someone else loves and appreciates Belize!

Links
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
0 registered (), 21 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,670 Registered Members
44 Forums
64,015 Topics
462,195 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 07:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.