Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
B
OP Offline
B
While on vacation on Ambergris Caye. We're finally coming down again this January, and we usually take some sort of excursion (Corozal, Lamanai, etc.). What's the most unusual excursion you've taken--that was enjoyable?

I'm even thinking of boating/flying over to St. George's Caye.

Hire a boat to take you on a complete circuit of the island.
All day, beautiful. Start in the back lagoon, seeing the red ibis and roseate spoonbills on the bird islands. Ride up the back side of the island stopping at one or two mayan sites - or just at the ranger station (picnic tables - have lunch - bar-b-q or whatever ....) then proceed through the cut that is the boarder between Mexico and Belize. Snorkel in the Bacalar Chico reserve area, have an exciting run outside the reef as you head south and then come back in at Basil Jones ---- a great day.
We do this on average once a year with Daniel Nunez of Tanisha Tours. It is not a scheduled tour - you need a bunch of people and a special arrangement. If you want to really get a sense of the island this is the way to do it.

E
E
Sounds interesting. Cost?

S
S
Tony is a lot of fun, nice small skiff, good for 4 to 6. We take the boat for the day and go up to the reserve, walk Rocky Point, find the old Mayan wells, BBQ, snorkel, even fish sometimes. 011-501-602-2884

Check out my site: www.ambergriscayerealestate.net
Last year we went all around the island and to Bacala Chica, through the Mayan cut and did 3 snorkel stops. It was amazing and I fulfilled my life long dream of swimming with a manatee in the wild. She was about 2000 bls and just kept swimming around us. Also, saw a 600 lb sea turtle. We had a lunch that the captain and crew fixed on a beach which was delicious. An amazing day.

I'd highly recommend it. Searious Adventures is who arranged it for us. I believe it was $85 a person. Fabulous day! Just take plenty of bug spray cause the mosquitos are awful up that way.

The last time I was there I got up, had a Beliken; walked down the beach,walked back, had another Beliken. Not unusual but fun.

Cool Renee . . I always thought it wasn't allowed for people to get into the water with the manatee on an organized tour.

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

Some of the Manatee have read the memo.
I was diving with one in the Hol Chan cut last year with this lady who was on the first dive of her life.

White Sands Dive Shop
https://whitesandsdiveshop.com/
I have done a lot of "unusual" things in Belize. But since this is a family Board and all... I'll refrain from making it anything other than that! laugh

Thats ok we heard already

White Sands Dive Shop
https://whitesandsdiveshop.com/
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 327 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.