Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
T
OP Offline
T
Originally Posted by pamkillen
A great venue for all the kids of the island is the public library. We have a beach in front and could get a permit for a concert. We would probably use it for a fund raiser in terms of sponsors. Of course free for the public We are also right in the middle of town and have an exsisting summer program that it could piggy back on.

You know... I like it. After I post this, I'm going offline & give them a call. I'm all for helping as many as possible with one trip- Holy Cross, the library, new balls & nets for the basketball court... actually- I always tell my people to bring at least one hard-cover book to read and then donate it to the local library.

What are the chances of combining an unknown American act with a well-known local act for maximum effect... somebody like Dennis Wolfe ?

You mention a beach in front of the library... I'm trying to visualize this... where would the musicians go? Is there some sort of a stage ? Do people sit on the sand? You say "We could..." "We would..." Are you the librarian ? Is it you that would have to do all the scheduling and local arrangements?

T
OP Offline
T
Hey-
I understand from Tacogirl that you're on the library board. Please e-mail me about setting up a benefit for the library-
Gary
[email protected]

T
OP Offline
T
Hey, Jesse-
Are you a member of the Usual Suspects ? I got a message from Pam Killen ( who I understand is a member of the library board) about maybe bringing a couple of musicians along on the school supplies trip, and doing a benefit concert for the library. I replied to her message, and sent one to Dennis suggesting a show, with my 2 guys ( a Johnny Cash cover act) as the opener, and any income, or sponsers that Pam can line up will go to the library. So far, I haven't heard from either one.
If you could mention this to Dennis, I'd appreciate it...
Thanks-
Gary
[email protected]

S
S
No, I'm not a musician.
I'll forward this to Dennis but he is usually way behind in reading his email as he plays 7 or 8 gigs a week.

P
P
I never got the email. Can you try again. Thanks Just pm here.

Yeah, Dennis and the band sure are busy - We saw them 9 nights one week on my last trip. smile

It's never too late to have a happy childhood!
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 306 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.