Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Well hardly a surprise, but interesting none the less.

One well thought out and considered response, another saying that their drug of choice (beer) is O.K., it's just all the others that are bad, and yet another "yeh, what he said"

Why is it that any attempt at an actual discussion as to the pros and cons of any issue or subject seems to bring about immediate personal attacks and insults from those with a differing viewpoint?

A review of my previous post will make it obvious to any clear thinking individual that I was posing the issue of the end result of the consumption, not the drug consumed,? I can empathize with someone advocating beer drinking and posting @2.30 am, but do try and grasp the entire concept before commencing hostilities

Alcohol, like meth, which I very clearly derided as evil, (but certainly unlike Pot), does tend to make people aggressive, and in the USA (I don't have numbers for Belize) more property damage and crimes against persons take place under the influence of Alcohol than under all other drugs combined, so yet again, I question which drug has the worst overall affect on society?

Perhaps everyone reading this could consider for a minute�How many Drug addicts do you know? And how many Alcoholics?

I have double checked my agenda for my next San Pedro trip, and luckily for me, I do not have chasing Weile around with a syringe on my list, so my sphincter should remain intact, but I may have to reconsider the wisdom of a spear fishing trip with White Sands, in case Elbert gets behind me��..

Can we keep this civil?

It's rarely rocket science, it's usually just math: then again if you can't do the math.......
pug - are you me???

this controversial topic comes up each year or so.

i too agree that no good EVER comes from meth, coke, or heroin.

my friend's husband just got out of 8 days detox for alcohol (i do not drink) and is in rehab. he is a popular and well respected man, with a great but stressful career. big house, nice car, the "perfect family". until the social drinking caught up, he stopped showing up to work, the drinking increased, he beat the $hit out of his lovely wife in front of their kid, then checked himself in. all in 6 weeks time.

but(in my state) if you are holding a doob, you go to jail.

LA, catdance - i agree with you too.

Last edited by sweetjane; 11/03/07 11:53 AM. Reason: LA says i am wrong - again.
Originally Posted by sweetjane
i too agree that no good EVER comes from meth, coke, or heroin. no such thing as a casual user of any of those.

strongly disagree - I've known many who can use coke or meth recreationally on an occassional basis with no interference whatsoever in their lives (unless of course they get arrested). That doesn't address the overall societal impact of contributing to the drug trade - but that's a different topic.

I can never remember which is better . . . safe? . . . or sorry?
Originally Posted by sweetjane
i too agree that no good EVER comes from meth, coke, or heroin. no such thing as a casual user of any of those.

While i tank you for your support sweetjane, in the interest of accuracy, i must point out that I stated "no good Ever came form Meth "

There have been huge contributions to the arts from Heroin users, and Physciatry and modern Philosophy, Movies and TV, and certinly the Music Industry have long and deep ties to cocaine , which without doubt has "casual users"

While no-one seems to have any trouble distinguishing the difference betwenn a couple of beers and chugging grain alcohol from a bottle, the same does not seem to be so when it comes to occasional pot smoking or even a line now and again.

so to recap sweetjane meth,coke heroin all bad..... Leah Ann Meth and coke may be OK in small doses...Me meth very bad always

as i stated in my first post on this subject
Originally Posted by pugwash
The perceived Evils of Recreational Drugs seems to vary dependent on the Drug(s) of choice of those perceiving the Evil!!

Last edited by pugwash; 11/03/07 12:12 PM.

It's rarely rocket science, it's usually just math: then again if you can't do the math.......
Addiction is in the addict, not the substance. Addicts can become addicted to anything they do more than a few times in a short period of time. Some people can not be made into addicts.
Wouldn't it be grand if there were a test you could take at puberty to tell which direction you are pointed in? Addicts do what they do because it makes them feel good . . . until it makes them feel bad. Then it may be too late.
Some people can smoke a tobacco cigarette now and then; most people can't.
An important part of addiction is the ability to lie to yourself.

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles
Harriette - thank you for those very rational, very correct statements.

I can never remember which is better . . . safe? . . . or sorry?
The "highest" high I get is when one of my grandkids gives me a hug. You guys can have all the rest of the sh**. JMHO

Yea Harriette, Go Girl!

White Sands Dive Shop
https://whitesandsdiveshop.com/
Hea Rykat , where ya been , missed your face....such as it is

White Sands Dive Shop
https://whitesandsdiveshop.com/
Very well put, Harriette, you got your thoughts across perfectly, without, I suspect alienating anyone.

You must show me how to do that, 'cause I apparently have no clue, having tried several times to make that exact same point!!!

Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 122 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,028
Members20,468
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.