Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#255142 - 11/01/07 10:25 PM Lighted Boat Parade
Marty Offline
The 2nd Annual Lighted Boat Parade will be held December 2nd.

Please contact Jan Brown, 226-2689 (Footprints) or cell 662-2725 for more information.

#255239 - 11/02/07 04:38 PM Re: Lighted Boat Parade [Re: Marty]
DANG IT !! mad Gonna miss it by one dang-nab-id day. mad I Know I could win this one......S#!t. mad mad

#255243 - 11/02/07 05:07 PM Re: Lighted Boat Parade [Re: 2MILESNORTHOFCUT]
klcman Offline
That's OK, 2M, you can get lit all on your own!
_ _ _ _ _ _ _________________ _ _ _ _ _ _
But then what do I know, I am but a mere caveman

#255248 - 11/02/07 05:44 PM Re: Lighted Boat Parade [Re: klcman]
And I plan to KLC laugh But not all on my own.

#255254 - 11/02/07 06:25 PM Re: Lighted Boat Parade [Re: 2MILESNORTHOFCUT]
Aviator Offline
YES - We will be there. Missed it the last 3 years in a row!

#255257 - 11/02/07 06:40 PM Re: Lighted Boat Parade [Re: Aviator]
Laguna Punta Offline
A very nice event last year...lots of fun...lots of creative "boat people". Its marked on my social calandar!!
Gone fishing!!

#255278 - 11/02/07 10:21 PM Re: Lighted Boat Parade [Re: Laguna Punta]
seashell Offline
Last year, I wasn't feeling that well, so I was laying down for a nap. The power went off, then I began to fret that I wouldn't be able to have a shower before I went out for dinner. I spoke to the deskman downstairs. He told me the power would come back on eventually and not to worry. What he didn't tell me was that the reason the power was off was for the boat parade. So I went back upstairs and laid down for a while longer. Eventually, all the fretting about perhaps not being able to get a shower, had me up pacing around and out onto my balconey. I caught the tail end of the boat parade.

Not only were the boats quite beautiful, but the sky even more so. It is so seldom one can see the stars like that when in town.
A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

#255282 - 11/02/07 10:45 PM Re: Lighted Boat Parade [Re: seashell]
ScubaLdy Offline
I know it seems like too much of a coincidence to not have been planned . . . but believe me . . . it was not planned. Jan Brown, who was/is the coordinator, said she only wished she had that much power.
It really was a sight to behold and it was announced yesterday that 19 boats had already signed up so this year is going to be even more spectacular.
Take only pictures leave only bubbles

#255283 - 11/02/07 10:50 PM Re: Lighted Boat Parade [Re: ScubaLdy]
seashell Offline
LOL!! I was told later that it was planned!! LOL. Well, I guess now I know why the deskman didn't tell me. smile

Yes, it really was beautiful, wasn't it? They should turn off the power this year too. Just make sure there's better warning and especially better advertising for the tourist like me to know about the boat parade. I hadn't heard a thing about it before hand.
A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

#255286 - 11/02/07 11:02 PM Re: Lighted Boat Parade [Re: seashell]
ScubaLdy Offline
They are trying to get permission from the telephone company to put up their banners. You know they just issued an edict that nothing could be attached to the telephone poles?

Lat year was the first one and people were skeptical until they saw it Ė now everyone is getting excited.

The reason it is held so early in December is so that the boat owners can use all their lights and Christmas stuff on their boats and then use them on their houses.

I really laugh when I see snowmen as part of the decorations.

Iím going to post three pictures over under the photo section.
Take only pictures leave only bubbles

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker

TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31
Who's Online
0 registered (), 34 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,633 Registered Members
44 Forums
63,706 Topics
461,226 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 02:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.