Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#256604 11/13/07 06:33 PM
C
OP Offline
C
Hello to all, first post here. I am looking for help in finding info about the North End of AC. I am planning on coming to AC in February and staying at the Tranquility Resort but can't seem to find out where it is and what is near it. Can anyone tell me exactly where this place is (on a map, or maybe geographical location on some of the maps I have found) Also, is there anywhere near the resort, within walking distance (ie. restaurant, resort, etc) Thanks in advance for the help

Just south of Rocky Point on a map. Near turtle mans house. There is a restaurant / bar on-site( Tackle box norte). We have only had lunch there. It was good, nothing fancy regular bar food. Great snorkeling off the dock, lots of coral and stuff within swimming distance. I saw some guests using kayaks and they have this really cool Cuban homemade boat on the beach,(ran up on the reef) you have to look at it up close to see how it was crudely put together - very interesting.

A
A
I am staying there next week. I've done a lot of research and the only thing close by is Sueno del Mar, which is a private residential development. Sueno does have a restaurant that apparently you can eat at. Other than that, there is apparently NOTHING at all close by. We're looking forward to it, but if you're expecting to walk to shops, bars, restaurants, or any type of civilization at all, you might be disapointed.

A
A
You might have seen this, but this is a satellite map for AC. if you follow AC to the very far north (past the area that is missing or in low resolution, the location of Tranquility Bay is not marked, but it is located near Sueno del Mar and what is marked as "Nova Shrimp Farm".

http://www.wikimapia.org/#y=17923454&x=-87961049&z=15&l=0&m=a&v=2

Feel free to send me an email after we return Nov 20 and I'll fill you in on more info - austin at austincrossley dot com.

I live on the island and as familiar as I am with it all, I would still enjoy a week stay at Tranquility. by far the prettiest part of the island. there are several boats going back and forth to town you can get on if you need to shop.
Sueno has a great restaurant for breakfast lunch and dinner and the Tackle box has a knockyoursocksoff cheese burger.

White Sands Dive Shop
https://whitesandsdiveshop.com/
The bar there has the greatest cheeseburgers on the island. Also one of the nicest beaches and swim areas. We stop in every trip. Enjoy!

Where you are staying is next to turtlemans house, and next to that is Sueno Del Mar. Sueno is a private resort, but the palapa there is open to visitors.

When I stayed ay Sueno almost a year a go we had lots of guests from Tranquality come over and eat and drink.

If you are in to geocaching

www.geocaching.com

There is a cache right next to Sueno. Also right in the area is the Basil Jones cut in the reef. Great diving in the area, plus you will have a chance to dive with Greg Smith, aka the turtleman, a marine biologist that knows the area like the back of his hand. Highly recommended.

PM me for more info or questions of the area ...also I may be able to help with transportation to town.

Don't even think about a golf cart from town to this area. It was bad before the hurricane, now almost impossible.

Support Ambergris Caye Emergency Rescue
The life we are trying to save may be a loved one of yours
C
OP Offline
C
So I would be correct to assume Tranquility is located between Rocky and Robles points? On the strip of land between the sea and laguna cantena? Just curious, not terribly important - bit of a geography freak.

My husband & I just got back first week of OCT after 9 days @ Tranquility Bay, Was great you may be able to view some photos on link below . The beach in the area of tranquility is clean , but we tried to walk a little south & was quite a bit of debris still from Dean, so didnt make it to any of the other resorts along the stretch. Did do quite a bit of running back and forth with some of the hotel staff and was fine, Really didnt want to leave..! Enjoy & tell Pany & Sergio Chris & Laura from HOuston says hello.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/17629472@N04/sets/

C
OP Offline
C
How was the snorkeling near the resort? Do you need need to paddle out in a kayak or could you just swim out from the beach? I know about all the big places (Hol Chan, Bacular Chico and Shark Ray Alley) but are there any spots near the resort that would take you out for a few bucks?

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 238 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.