Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
T
tomm Offline OP
OP Offline
T
hey friends! me and 3 friends we are backpacking to belize in january and we really know nothing about this country
we are arriving at the int airport and we want to go to the part of corozal and ambergris cay..
how we get there? is is nice?? we are looking for beatiful beaches, some watersports and some nightlife if there is any
what would you do in my case? we are staying for 3 4 days.. and later we are going to mexico.. where and how much is a bus to chetumal?? is it safe?
waiting for your responses
ty
Tomas

Tomm, you might pedal your way through some of these threads then narrow your questions down to a few specifics...

Regardless, 420, or was it 4 20 yr. olds, will have no problem finding fun in SP! It's a great experience for young people.

&nbsp tomm,
Belize is nice and safety has never meen an issue for me. There's a little nightlife in San Pedro (SP), but nothing to write home about. You can take the water taxi from Belize City to San Pedro, Ambergris Caye. Get a taxi at the airport to the Marine Terminal and grab the water taxi from there. To go on to Corozal, you can take the Thunderbolt. Unless I'm mistaken, you'll have to take a taxi to the Mexican border between Corozal and Chetumal, but you can get a bus from there to anywhere in Mexico, including Cancun for the nightlife.

&nbsp &nbsp Dan

&nbsp

"Facts are the enemy of Truth"
Don Quixote
T
tomm Offline OP
OP Offline
T
Dan thank you so much for the info..
the taxis are expensive??

E
E
Gee Dan, maybe its just me but there is pleanty of night life to suit me.

Yeah, but you're old and go to bed by 10!

_ _ _ _ _ _ _________________ _ _ _ _ _ _
But then what do I know, I am but a mere caveman
E
E
HA! Says you, I was up til 11 one night. If I cant git all the fun I want by then, its time to go home ! Besides, the constable suggested 9PM would be better.

T
tomm Offline OP
OP Offline
T
there is young people there? haha sorry if i offended any of you
lol laugh

E
E
No offence taken Tomm. Klc is just a grumpy ole jealous fart.

T
tomm Offline OP
OP Offline
T
what about taxis ?? expensiveee?

T
tomm Offline OP
OP Offline
T
and ferrys of course.....

Dan if you think there's little nightlife, you just ain't doin' it right.

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

JZB Offline
A taxi from International airport to the marine terminal is about US$20. The water taxis to the island are reasonable, BZ$20 each way (http://www.cayecaulkerwatertaxi.com/pricing.php)

you need to check that "e" key out on your keyboard....it's sticking. Forget the boat, take the short 15 minute flight to the island. I'm sure the regulars can tell you the current price of that. You can fly or take the bus to Chetumal. Go to the home page of Ambergris Caye and use the links and search feature there. You will find the answer to all your questions. This website has over 8000 pages...the info is there. Hope you have a wonderful, memorable trip! smile

&nbsp Hey Tomm,
the taxis aren't too bad, about US$25 from the airport to the marine terminal. Taxis on-island are reasonable, since the distances are short. They'll want to charge you a few extra bucks, since there's a group of you. Ask up front. Taking the hop in one of Maya Airways or Tropic Air's light aircraft will cost you about US$55 each way from the international airport to San Pedro US$40 from Corozal to San Pedro. With four of you backpacking, you're probably looking to save a few bucks where you can. The water taxi from Belize City costs about US$10, according to this page. I thought it was more than that. The Thunderbolt used to have a webpage with pricing, but it seems to have gone off the air. You can find information regarding the fares for many of the transportation companies in belize here.

&nbsp As far as nightlife, to each his own. The island nightlife is laid back. It's okay, but nothing to write home about.

&nbsp &nbsp Dan

&nbsp

Last edited by Dan Carey; 12/01/07 08:18 PM.

"Facts are the enemy of Truth"
Don Quixote
S
S
Hey Dan, when was the last time you dropped into Jaguar's after 2am or Big Daddy's after 4am? Anything but laid back.

The nightlife on AC is an absolute riot, so if Dan doesn't think so, he's not doing it right.

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 304 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.